Door decal "gt turbo" gauging interest

nistarbo

Member +
Hi all after my other thread regarding eBay decals I have contacted a local graphics company who think they should be able to recreate the decal. So I'm waiting on a price back from them for a set for myself and have asked for a price for multiple sets.
So I'm gauging interest if anyone would be interested in a set ( I've asked for both factory colours.
[/URL

The pic is of the one on my car ( metallic silver for dark cars and dark metallic for light coloured cars) and the one from Toyota.
'Disclosure' I do not intend to make money from this it will be at production and postage price
If I have broken any forum rules contact me and this will be removed.
If interested state colour and name etc. I only intend on selling as a set of 2 ( one each side)

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would definitely be interested in a couple of sets. i have the mk1 dark green colour so would want 2 silver sets.

i assume they would be raised like the standard decal rather than just a flat vinyl one?

as for the selling rules. if this is a one off, of just these decals, the i see no issue myself.
you would however need to create a proper sales thread with all the information correctly displayed on the template once you have gauged the interest on this thread. no prices should be discussed on this thread.

Last edited:

nistarbo

Member +
Thanks for clearing that up.
Il stick you down for 2 provisionally.
I will be supplying a genuine sample to manufacturer and see what he comes up with he said that raised should be no problem

Jay

Admin
Worth mentioning to the supplier that they should copy the Toyota backing paper as well as it aids fitment by placing the decal on the panel (from memory).

Trading wise we don't let individuals organise group buys without the backing of a trader. Given the circumstances I'm happy enough to let you gauge interest. Once you have the approximate numbers and a tester arranged give me a shout and I'll sort something via my trading account.

Jay

nistarbo

Member +
Cheers jay. Providing no complaints from any traders then I'm happy enough to provide samples to the manufacturer etc. Then if needs be you can take over supply, advertising distribution or whatever needs done.
Let's hope they are a good product first

dac69er

Super Moderator
would be good to get a supply of these available. i have been putting off getting a little spraywork done due to it being too near the current decals.

Phil

Super Moderator
Great idea Anthony.

between you and jay it would be good to see these made.

@Jay you will have to get Kilo/Blaine to push on with some sexy TGTT wear :)

Phil

nistarbo

Member +
Thanks for the replys folks. No update as of yet but keep them coming.
sorry it's not a great pic but in the pic, the top decal is the darker and the bottom of the 2 is the lighter.

Just so I can keep track of rough numbers
1. Nistarbo - 1 set lighter colour
2. Dac69er - 2 sets lighter colour
3. 5ecolin - 2-3 sets of darker colour
4. marcogtturbo - 1 set darker colour
5. AlancEp82 - 1 set darker colour
6. Guye - 1 set darker colour
7. Glanzadude - 1 set colour?

Thanks for the interest folks I will update asap.

Last edited:

nistarbo

Member +
Sorry it's taken a while lads but it's not looking too good unfortunately. Any company I go to all say they can do raised effect but the problem seems to be the material. It's more a plastic than a vinyl (crazy japs)
The only solution is if I went down the gel coating route with resin. Simalar to some car badges centre caps etc. only problem is that is a dear option ( not as dear as Toyota originals)
They would still be slightly raised and hopefully same colours.
I would more than likely get a tester of each colour to try durability and likeness etc
What's peoples thoughts on these?