Drivers door hinges

SKINY

Lifer
I see febest do them but am 1 fuck paying 80 quid lol
Has anyone used the repair kits ? Basically looks like 2 new sleeves you insert then new pins. Maybe a cheap fix ?

SKINY

Lifer
For a 10er I have took the punt :) very similar looking hinges but going by Toyodiy the starlet hinges are specific to the EP8 generation

Mk1gtresto

Member +
Mark Davidson from up Aberdeen way had a solution to this. I believe it was hilux door pins. I don't have any way of contacting him to find out though. I remember seeing it on Facebook before I came off of it a while back.

SKINY

Lifer
Mark Davidson from up Aberdeen way had a solution to this. I believe it was hilux door pins. I don't have any way of contacting him to find out though. I remember seeing it on Facebook before I came off of it a while back.
Yea that's what I've ordered bud :)

any updates on this skiny , my doors are sagging quite badly
Everyones doors are sagging. They weigh significantly more than is required of them, probably for Stupid crash safety :/
besides the engine and rear door, they weigh the second most of any part on that car.

Below clearly labelled ep82 hinges, But mine dont match these at all ( based on a few ebay pages? no idea whats going on with that )

s-l1600.jpg

My ep82 door hinges look like this one below. so which do i have? why do people keep saying they have the above?
s-l1600.jpg

the below image is my upper Door hinge, atleast what i believe it to be.
PXL_20220404_154250366.jpg
here is my lower RH hinge.
PXL_20220404_154300778.jpg

Last edited:

SKINY

Lifer
Can't even mind where tf I've stashed them now lol
I did open the door and set the pin beside it, looks like it should work
Been flat out in house to do anything car related ffs :(