Driveshaft/CV Joint Kerfuffle

riko666

Member +
Hello lovelies, I require your assistance if you would be so kind! Basically, I have a driveshaft/CV joint related dilemma that is making me want to pull at my already thinning beautiful hair.

Basically, I have changed from a C52B LSD Cynos gearbox (not a retrofit Starlet GT Gearbox by the way, its the optional Cynos one, as dictated by the fact it runs 4000rpm at 70mph, and is stamped on the Chassis plate) and will be using a C56 from a Glanza. Now, here's where the issues start - I also have a set of "TRD" CV Joints (I was a bit doubtful, but comparing it it's easy to see the differences) - they are 23 splines, and test fitting them into some Glanza hubs, they seemed to fit fine. However, I also have some Glanza driveshafts set aside, which DON'T fit fine, infact, they're 30 spline.

Also, seeing as the Cynos wheelbearings don't work with the Glanza hubs, I test-fitted the CV Joints into the Cynos hubs to see if I could use those instead. Nada, the CV Joints' shaft is actually a smaller diameter?!

So, to conclude - what the hell driveshaft do I have to use?! I haven't counted the splines in the C56, or test fitted the driveshafts, but I have a feeling that annoyingly these driveshafts will fit and be gay and mean I can't use my TRD CV Joints. So, what do I do?! Your help will be much appreciated and rewarded with copious kisses, hugs, and maybe more. Depending on if you can provide me with the required driveshafts too :eek: