EBC grooved disc problems

016danza

Member +
hello everyone
silly question but has anyone had problems with ebc sports grooved discs ie being out of balance because or being warped from brand new ???

Mine are warped at the moment to be fair, I did a ridiculously hard brake and they seemed slightly warped from that, they are progressively getting worse and worse, need to get them on a brake lathe if they have enough meat left.

P.S It's not my tracking or tyre balance as I have had all that done within the past month.

Why what's up with yours?

016danza

Member +
Im in 2 mind sets ? Its when I go on the motorway and hit 65 - 80 the steering wheel shakes more than a parkinsons sufferer who is having a fit ??? But it comes and goes ? So a bit confused

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Im in 2 mind sets ? Its when I go on the motorway and hit 65 - 80 the steering wheel shakes more than a parkinsons sufferer who is having a fit ??? But it comes and goes ? So a bit confused

Are you sure your wheels dont need rebalanced?

Mine are warped at the moment to be fair, I did a ridiculously hard brake and they seemed slightly warped from that, they are progressively getting worse and worse, need to get them on a brake lathe if they have enough meat left.

P.S It's not my tracking or tyre balance as I have had all that done within the past month.

Why what's up with yours?

LOL!

sx_turbo

Lifer
just to confirm with ian,

i have never known EBC discs to fail because of poor qaulity, its normally other factors, i sell and have sold lots and lots of these discs and loads of there pads and consistently so far touch wood, have never had them come back as faulty.

the couple i have had back were down to user error, thats not to say that there isnt a chance they could be wrong theres always a possibility.

have they done it from day one, or have you been driving them a little hard?

starlet brakes dont take to much to over heat and warp