Emanage blue base map

BoostJunkie

Member +
Hello guys need to ask q

i bought an emb for my gt but it was previously mapped for a civic now i'm guessing that once hooked up to my gt it wont start (is this right), if so how do i go about getting it setup up so that it will run off the standard settings within the 4efte ecu.

will only be getting fitted when it goes to get mapped ?

Cheers for any help guys ;).

madRPM

Member +
Unless:
-The ignition configuration differs
-The EMB was opened up and jumpered to accept a setup that completely differs from yours
-The EMB was configured for low impedence instead of high impedence injectors which will lead to a flooded motor
It should start. You will just need the proper harness and most importantly, a competent and honest tuner.

As for setting it to standard settings, map-wise, i don't wanna lead you wrong so we'll just wait for somebody else to chime in

Last edited:

BoostJunkie

Member +
cheers mate

i have all the harnesses for it ignition, injector, map sensor harness though i will need to change then map sensor harness as its for the 4efte map sensor and i've just bought a map sensor for a gt-4 celica. plus i need to get a field extension harness so i don't have to spline straight into the electrics makes it easier this way.

so in theory i could hook it up and it will start allowing me to drive it to my tuner for mapping then ?

Follow the emanage instructions for installation and jumper settings and then set everything to 0 changes. There should be instructions for a full reset. Will run like stock. Then drive it to the tuner. Also make sure you have the latest firmware for it ;)

BoostJunkie

Member +
Follow the emanage instructions for installation and jumper settings and then set everything to 0 changes. There should be instructions for a full reset. Will run like stock. Then drive it to the tuner. Also make sure you have the latest firmware for it ;)

where can i get the instructions from greddy site ?

i'm hopeless with comps.

jonny-boi32

Member +
is setting these jumper setting easy enough?? my car wouldnt start with mine wired in, so gonna open it up 2moro night. in the instructions where it says set jumper to (1-2) does that mean 1 or 2? or is there a setting (1-2)?? it will prob make more sense when i have it open.

jonny-boi32

Member +
Hand to know dude I would be happy to take a look at it for u if u wanted

well as you know im planning on getting the car set up and mapped by you once its going after i get the engine run in, then over to you. id have no way to get the car to you other wise. id imagine its prob the wiring because its a complete shambles under the dash.

Chris@CCM

Member +
well as you know im planning on getting the car set up and mapped by you once its going after i get the engine run in, then over to you. id have no way to get the car to you other wise. id imagine its prob the wiring because its a complete shambles under the dash.

I can fitted the emb etc at the time if it's better for u dude

jonny-boi32

Member +
probly sounds silly but did ya check ur efi fuse?happened me before car wouldnt start

no i havent, the car will churn over but not start.

I can fitted the emb etc at the time if it's better for u dude

i already have it wired in last week and set the jumper switches etc tonight. sure if i just disconnect the emanage from the plugs, if the fault is in the wiring would it start?? that way it wouldnt be trying to use the emanage??

Mark-ep91

Member +

yup exactly the same as what happened me its worth a quick look :)
the way i knew is the engine manegment light will stay on when u turn on the ignition if its blown it should go off after 3 seconds or so if its okay i think!

jonny-boi32

Member +
yup exactly the same as what happened me its worth a quick look :)
the way i knew is the engine manegment light will stay on when u turn on the ignition if its blown it should go off after 3 seconds or so if its okay i think!

management light dosent come on though??

Chris@CCM

Member +

i already have it wired in last week and set the jumper switches etc tonight. sure if i just disconnect the emanage from the plugs, if the fault is in the wiring would it start?? that way it wouldnt be trying to use the emanage??

No it would not the map Siganl is not getting to the ecu nor is the igt wire