Emanage Ultimate issues

terccraz05

Member +
Alright I did some searching on here before posting but can't seem to find what I' am looking for. I have EMU version "E" and I bought a jump harness for the ep82 ECU and hooked the wires up correct. However the car will turn over but it will not start. I know that im getting fuel just no spark.

I looked at jumpers but don't know which ones to move and which ones not to. Any information on the jumper settings would be great that way I can put a tune on the car...

Here are the jumper settings from my working Emanage Ultimate on my EP91.

FujiFirst.jpg

I would also highly recommend the additional Injector Adaptor #2 because you, like me have the older version of EMU.

Hopefully this will clear things up.
Joz

goldenvtr

Member +
awsome joz, is that the same as ep82? would of though so... need to get mine wired up too into my field harness

Hi Dan

It would be safe to say that the jumper settings are the same.

Its not EP82/EP91 specific as such, its a default setting to do with being set for Toyota cars (and generally most jap cars) as they do not use all of the functions (vtec etc). There are also some specific settings for Nissan engines.

If you look at the manual you will understand (starting page 7) :)

http://www.jrponline.com/downloads/installs/emau_inst.pdf

Mi16Chris will be able to confirm this as he set mine up and mapped it. If my settings were not right, the car wouldnt run. He did not say otherwise that the EP82/EP91 jumper settings are different, I assume its the default setting (as shown in the manual) that the EPs run on.

Joz

terccraz05

Member +
Here are the jumper settings from my working Emanage Ultimate on my EP91.

FujiFirst.jpg

I would also highly recommend the additional Injector Adaptor #2 because you, like me have the older version of EMU.

Hopefully this will clear things up.
Joz

I have version "E" is that newer than yours? Do I still need that?

I have version "E" is that newer than yours? Do I still need that?
Mine is a 'B' mate which is one of the oldest. You can see it clearly marked at the bottom right of my pic.

Info on the versions is scarce as it all used to be on mohdparts.com which is now defunct but from what I can remember the 'E' version is the one of the latest versions so you will not need the adaptor, my error.

The older emanage ultimate doesnt work well with add and trim fuel proper and needs the adaptor. The newer versions have the function built in (additional fuel adding and trimming) so with the right jumper settings and a good connection from your field harness and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.
Joz

Last edited:

terccraz05

Member +
Mine is a 'B' mate which is one of the oldest. You can see it clearly marked at the bottom right of my pic.

Info on the versions is scarce as it all used to be on mohdparts.com which is now defunct but from what I can remember the 'E' version is the one of the latest versions so you will not need the adaptor, my error.

The older emanage ultimate doesnt work well with add and trim fuel proper and needs the adaptor. The newer versions have the function built in (additional fuel adding and trimming) so with the right jumper settings and a good connection from your field harness and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.
Joz

Oaky ill try the settings out. I apperciate everyones help.

No worries mate.

There are a handful of decent emanage ultimate tuners on the site, so you are in good hands if things don't pan out right.

Let us know how you get on.
Joz

Rory

Lifer
Have you connected the Unit to a laptop, so you can select the 4e engine?
It wont start until you do this.

starlet666

Member +
and make sure u have got the inputs and outputs around the correct way for the timing and fuel..... or it will add shit loads of fuel and then send no spark.....

dont ask how i know this lol it was a very very long day of 30+ hours building a twin turbo 8 litre v8 and then wiring up my starlet LOL

goldenvtr

Member +
thanks again joz rep added, i just got curious now and open mine up and where yours says (B) mine says (E) any idea on which modle i have
also my jumpers seem to be horizontal where as yours are vertical

terccraz05

Member +
thanks again joz rep added, i just got curious now and open mine up and where yours says (B) mine says (E) any idea on which modle i have
also my jumpers seem to be horizontal where as yours are vertical

Version "E" what I have also is the latest and greatest... By the way I got it to work thank you guys for all of your help-. Matt

goldenvtr

Member +
Version "E" what I have also is the latest and greatest... By the way I got it to work thank you guys for all of your help-. Matt

cool thanks for confirming.what whas your problem? and dont suppose you took a pic of your jumper settings? lol

starlet666

Member +
the jumpers are left as they are factory...... horizontal or vertical doesnt matter as long as they arent hooked up out of whack

Mine was a second hand unit so I had to check the settings as it had obviously been used on another car. The unit also wasnt adding or trimming fuel properly so to eliminate one problem I checked the jumpers, they were fine. I still needed that additional adaptor tho. We fired up the laptop to find it had been in another Toyota (2JZGTE)

If your unit is new Dan you should be good to go as the man above stated, the unit should be on factory settings.

Joz

goldenvtr

Member +
min was is 2nd hand but im not sure if its been using, it was being sold with an s2000 harness but i made the guy an offer for the unit alone, he did state it was unused but he bought it with his car. guess ill find out when i get round to wiring it.

but as i said my board looks slightly diffrent to that pic.

I was told that mine was unused as well mate.

You will find out as soon as your fire up the software what the previous engine it was mapped for was.

I'd assume your PCB is different because it is newer and had quite a few revisions. All the health to it.

Joz

terccraz05

Member +
For some reason the only thing that was off was the ignition voltage output signal. It was set to 12V rather than 5V. I switched it to 5V uploaded the map to the main unit and it started up just fine..