Emange Blue and Uneven Fuel Distribution

Silent_night88

Fresh Recruit
Ok, so I did some checking on my wideband 02 sensor, and it is not faulty. I also pulled out the spark plugs to see how they looked and look down inside the cylinders....RESULTS:

Well 2 and 3 plugs had signs of leaning out on them, while 1 and 4 had a black wet residue on them. And when looking at the top of the pistons through the spark plug holes, I noticed pistons 1 and 4 were clean as a whistle (silver in color), where as 2 and 3 were black as could be (like a typical used motor).
After finding out the wideband is operating perfectly normal, and swapping out different injectors with NEW resistors for the low impedance, I am at a complete loss.
What I am thinking is the problem is that when adjusting the fuel maps in the EMB, the data I am entering is only being sent to cylinders 1 and 4 for some reason, and since only 2 are receiving the extra fuel, I am having to add too much fuel to get the AFR to read correctly, thus washing out cylinders 1 and 4 while 2 and 3 continue to run solely on the stock 4e ECU...

well when checked the resistor pack...all numbers are good at the pack... 11.2-11.5 ohms....checked the injector plugs...25.6-26 all across all four plugs....so we know that is wired up correctly and there is nothing wrong with them....so many people on here run supra 440s...so it isnt a problem...

Can any of you guys/gals give any input on this matter PLEASE!!!! we cant figure it out

Last edited:
tutorials-2-1246845938.jpg
[/IMG]

Firstly the Jumper and Rotary switch settings need to be set correctly for the 4efte as follows:

Jumper Switches:
JP1: 1-2
JP2: 1-2
JP3: 1-2
JP4: OPEN
JP5: OPEN
JP6: OPEN
JP7: 1-2

Rotary Switch Settings:
Rotary Switch 1: 2
Rotary Switch 2: 4
Rotary Switch 3: 0

Then for the wiring:

This chart has the various ecu's for the 4efte listed;

So match the number from that chart to the diagrams here to find your ecu;

ie T-9 is for the glanza ecu.

The abbreviations in that diagram are these:

The diagram shows where the wires for the main harness and optional injector and ignition harnesses go.

Use this diagram (the top one) to see where the main harness of the emanage wires into, although in the case of our cars the airflow inputs are actually pressure signals.

For the optional injector harness use this diagram:

Since our ecu's only have two signal inputs for the injectors (shown as #1 and #2 in the previous diagram) we only need to use injector channels 1-4 from the emanage, with 1+2 splicing into the same input at #1, then 3+4 both splicing into #2 at the ecu, and finally the injector ground (#E) splices into the computer earth.

All the other wires on the emanage main harness are unused except the throttle signal if required.

For the optional ignition harness use this diagram:

Looking at the table on that diagram it shows that since our cars are 4cylinder distributer type, we simply use the channel 1 input and output wires on the igntion harness only, so just two wires.

This is wired in as shown above and again all the other wires on the harness are not required