Empty clutch??

chinaone

Member +
What will make this happen? as i was driving the clutch just went empty, when you push the clutch down the padel doesnt come back up? but after a few pump with the feet, back to normal. happens once in a while???

Neal

Member +
Check the slave cylinder aswell, when they go they tend to let the fluid piss everywhere.

My bet is on the slave cylinder or a leak.

C

CaL

youl be able to tell if the cylnder has gone...if you have a airlock bleed the system its not very hard i dont think...hope you get it fixed

ragz

Member +
i have a similar problem if anyone can help

problem with mine is that in the morning the bite is right at the bottom and after a couple ov hours ov driving it comes right to the top recently had the cylinder changed due to having that problem and its still doing it

any ideas

thanx in advance

Neal

Member +
Its odd then, usually you will have air in the system, a leak or a goosed slave cylinder.

Get somebody to press the clutch whilst you are watching the slave to see whats happening.

chinaone

Member +
Clutch was ok, till today, trying to see why this happens. I was reving it high a few times not in gear. Curry on driving the clutch gone empty again. But Going down hill the clutch was harder, after going back on a flat road, empty again??? than drive for a bit, back to normal?
Not happens everyday, sometime just happens???

Dan3SGTE

Member +
the problem with cars sometimes doesnt help when they are soo inconsistant!

I had the exact problem as rags, i changed my clutch master and sorted the problem... you can tell when the master is gone by realing all the pressure from the system and if the master had gone then you wont be able to gain any pressure back.......

but that is a strange one chinaone? im not all sure about that.........

Dan3SGTE

Member +
what has you box got to do with your clutch not coming back up properly?

im not saying it isnt as cars problems can be very unusual.... good luck with it anyway mate.......

chinaone

Member +
Ok, found out what it is now, haha.
slave cylinder
Has not pissing out like you guys said, i just see a very little leaking out.
Anyone know, how hard to replace them?

Somhairle

Lifer
Not hard mate,

2 bolts hold it on, then you undo the fluid line.

Screw the line into the new slave, redo to 2 bolts, and bleed the system.

about 30 mins work if you've never done it before.

chinaone

Member +
Not hard mate,

2 bolts hold it on, then you undo the fluid line.

Screw the line into the new slave, redo to 2 bolts, and bleed the system.

about 30 mins work if you've never done it before.

Will have a go, for past few months i heard a few ppls slave is going??

Somhairle

Lifer
the cars are old....

The slaves have constant battering with clutch fluid and constant usage....

It's only natural that they will fail....

The slave failed on my old GT too....

It's an easy repair, so no to worry!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
lol... wish it was that easy on my stupid car.... :mad:

One of the bolts were being obstructed by my brake master!! soooo anoying.... i also had to modify my clutch master to fit it.... took a good 4 hours, i was close to my fist going through my window!!!

goldenvtr

Member +
4hours lol, i change my whole gearbox over in that time:p

I just gave a slace cylinder away to a make that had the same problem.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
lol i know :D

it was the first time doing it and i was on my own!! as long as i got it in the end, with a "slight bodge" haha....... works fine though...... ;)