engine failure

sick of blowing engines at this stage! running a tongs spec gt hybrid at one bar and 1.2bar the odd time on emanage ultimate. it used to keep cracking the ringlands so i got a new engine and this happened, what do ye think is the cause of it throwing a rod out the block like so...

06102012126.jpg

06102012125.jpg

06102012128.jpg

06102012127.jpg

very annoyed at this stage this is the 4th engine in it now since iv owned it in a year and no it dont drive the crap out of it either! it left the gudion pin out the block resting on the starter and bent the valves on the 4th cylinder

Last edited:

triple j

Member +
whats the crack with your fueling, do u have it mapped every time u put a new engine in or do u use your own wide band, sorry for your engine buddy.

laskt9

Member +
Do you have the same person building all the engines? Are you forged?

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

triple j

Member +
dont no man, 4th engine in a year thats not good, it must be very hard on your pocket, the next time u should change mapper and see if it lasts,

stock 4efte engines the one that kept cracking the ringlands was built by myself so i got fed up of building it so i bought a complete running engine and it done this

AdamB

Member +
Any symptoms of headgasket failure? Or a crack in the water jacket? Could have been casuing by hydraulic lock.

Gav_Kara

Member +
I'd say it's down to det buddy if it has det it'll find its way to any weak point till the engine goes boom..my old v snapped a rod at 25mph in 2nd gear and was all to do with det even though fueling was ok.

vtecklr

Fresh Recruit
not only a lean condition will cause det.overly advanced timing(total i.e under boost) will kill a boosted engine quicker than a lean condition but that is ruled out because you stated your afr is 11.2.flow test all injectors just to ensure your are not going lean on a cylinder.something is wrong for you to be going through so many engines