engine problem

hi all ... i am running 4efte with FMIC , HKS spark plugs , HKS actuator and boost up to 0.7 bar , i did change the engine before 2 months ago , every thing was ok , starting from last week i had i problem , engine runs normal and at 2100 - 2600 rpm i feel that somthing wrong in the engine , rpm rise up very slowly and boost stock at 0.3 bar ( like somthing catch the engine ) after the rpm reaches 2650 car back to normal that happens at all gears and the engine check light illuminate , some times when i restart the car engine light disappear and car runs normal , and some times runs with that problem all the day .
because of my job i dont have time to go and do engine test
so any help ?

jerrymac

Fresh Recruit
have you tried to do the engine test youself at home by bridging te1 and e1 in the diognostics port and count how many times the engine light flash's and then look up the code

have you tried to do the engine test youself at home by bridging te1 and e1 in the diognostics port and count how many times the engine light flash's and then look up the code

no i didnt , but i was looking if some one have quick answer , because the kind of my job i should wake up early and back to home late .

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Theres no quick answer I am afraid as the problem could be a number of things. Best thing is to bridge te1 and e1 on the port once the light comes on and post back your findings. Then we aint guessing at random things it could be.

Cheers

Theres no quick answer I am afraid as the problem could be a number of things. Best thing is to bridge te1 and e1 on the port once the light comes on and post back your findings. Then we aint guessing at random things it could be.

Cheers

thanks , i will do and i will post the code here

i did the test and it is code num 12 , so i checked i wires of distributor and foun there is oil in the intake system after the FMIC it was from the turbo which i changed before 1 month , i did clean all the pipes and cleaned all sensors located at the intake mani , tested today i still have the same problem

Jay

Admin
The fault code relates to the signal from the distributor so I don't see oil in the intake being related mate.

Remove the distributor cap and rotor arm and inspect for wear and tear on the contact points. The centre point on the cap can wear down and the rotor arm can crack around the pick up area. Also ensure the connector on the distributor is secure and there are no loose connections or damage on the wiring. You should also check the wiring back to the ECU connector inside the car.

Hoping it's something simple,

Jay