Engine Problems!!!!

Gtsmurf

Member +
Ok guys couple of weeks ago, I changed my pistons, rings and conrod bearings all standard parts.

Well current stock turbo is worn and had smoke occasionally before rebuilt, got back car like two weeks it drove well for about 5 days and then started smoking heavily when idling, it spoke on acceleration and then cleared up, white & brown smoke and very heavy when idling.

It started missing about three days ago and hard starting, check plugs they were all clog up slightly and a bit of oil on them, change them and only yesterday the same thing occur with them and car is still smoking; and it sounds like a damn subaru that deep sound.

The car was driven well below 3000 when the pistons were changed for at least a week.

Your thoughts guys which one is it:

Valve seals
Piston rings
Turbo?????

One of the main reasons for not overhauling is that I am building another engine so no need to exhaust to much funds on this, just want it in good working order for now and when I take it out.

compression test it mate,that will eliminate alot of things

White smoke is normal,depending on how much it is

Whats the tempreture like ,could be HG but i dought it

Gtsmurf

Member +
Yeah gonna get that done shortly, guess guys can ignore this thread.... I did a search yeah lazy me and can came up with a few reasons will start eliminating them and see what I come up with, thanks.

Gtsmurf

Member +
Well it is white smoking but on heavy gas the smoke is brownish as well, it is burning oil pretty quick I would say, within a week level will drop to about 1/2, my best guess that it is the valve seals.

Gtsmurf

Member +
did u change oil after 20miles to get rid of fillings etc.

Was the blocked honed aswell?

The oil was changed again probably a bit under that mileage, as for honing the blocks I did not do the work myself but I maybe assuming on that part.