Engine rebuild issues

kalibwenm2

Member +
Hi guys, just need to clarify something, before i start freaking out.

I just had my engine rebuilt, and when i drove it home, from the garage, it was alright, i drove in 2nd and maybe 3rd gear, making sure i shift at around 2500rpm...i live in the hills, so i had to drive uphill for a while, and i notice the temp guage remained at halfway as soon as i went uphill, and all the way to the top...eventually it went back down as i went down the hill to reach my home...but here's the thing, when i parked the car, i left it on idle for a few seconds, while talking to my mum, and fetching a peice of cardboard to lay underneath the car, to check for signs of any leakage, and suddenly it started to smoke quite a bit...white smoke though...

Could that be the remaining oil in the exhaust, the gasket sealer settling in, or some slight coolant leakage, or oil slipping past the piston rings???

Your views will be much appreciated, for i can't afford to go through the enire process of overhauling...

cheers :rockon:

davehart

Member +
More than likely just some crap in the system being burnt off.

Keep an eye on it and see if it still smokes after a few days of use.

kalibwenm2

Member +
Just to add on, i've hooked up a spring from the actuator arm to the actuator bracket, in oder to help hold the boost, as the actual spring inside has gone weak...could that be the reason why it's starting to smoke, by being to hard for the wastegate flap to pull open, therefore keeping it closed for too long, thus the boost pressure affects the pistons...

Jay

Admin
The overheating would worry me more than the smoke issue being honest.

Are your levels (oil and coolant) good?