EP91 4efte distributor teflon gasket?

Frankieflowers

Member +
Hey guys!

i opened the distributor to stop the oil leak and discovered the teflon seal inside. It needs to be replaced but there is no information about it and no OEM on the parts website. Why?
I changed both gaskets but obviously the oil gets through the dented arm all the way in the rotor box. Please help. 97706512-D018-472A-AE2A-81BA4DAE8473.jpeg453E592E-A56F-485D-8F7C-4247B27F5D53.jpeg

Frankieflowers

Member +
What’s included in the distributori assy 19235-11330? I am looking for the distributor housing that is out of production but if the assy includes the housing then I’ll buy it. All because I want to stop the internal seal leak that hasn’t an OEM to be replaced.
35920EB0-9D1F-4CEA-A767-CF0D9D87D31A.jpeg

dac69er

Super Moderator
I have looked into this a bit before. They seem to do rebuild kits for mr2 distributors on eBay.

These may work as the distributors look very similar. Have a look at eBay item number 253942557917

The parts look to be fairly standard, so you should be able to strip your distributor down and measure up what seal/seals you need and purchase them from a seal supplier.

Let us know how you get on.

Reactions: Jay

Frankieflowers

Member +
I have looked into this a bit before. They seem to do rebuild kits for mr2 distributors on eBay.

These may work as the distributors look very similar. Have a look at eBay item number 253942557917

The parts look to be fairly standard, so you should be able to strip your distributor down and measure up what seal/seals you need and purchase them from a seal supplier.

Let us know how you get on.
I wrote them a message but the MR two distributor is different compared to the Starlet distributor. How crazy it is that there is no aftermarket Teflon seal replacement? I have a new engine with an oil leak I cannot repair.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I wrote them a message but the MR two distributor is different compared to the Starlet distributor. How crazy it is that there is no aftermarket Teflon seal replacement? I have a new engine with an oil leak I cannot repair.
To be fair, these cars are at or coming up to 30 years + old now and the leak you are describing is not very common so there isn't much call for the seals.

To put it in perspective; in 30 years if you can find me an electric car that isn't complete scrap I would be very surprised

Frankieflowers

Member +
To be fair, these cars are at or coming up to 30 years + old now and the leak you are describing is not very common so there isn't much call for the seals.

To put it in perspective; in 30 years if you can find me an electric car that isn't complete scrap I would be very surprised
I will never consider an electric car in my life. That is why I own a 90s Toyota since 1998. I still wanna fix the leak tho. :)

Frankieflowers

Member +
I've bought a seal set some time ago. Included all seals required and a replacement bearing. Can check what code is on the seal and bearing so you can see if you are able to source them locally.

http://starlet-forum.nl/index.php?topic=25117.0

http://www.toyotasera.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=7718#entry71833
Yes please do. I would appreciate that very much!
I checked the links but unfortunately there is no code or link to find that replacement kit. Could you write to that guy for me to figure out where he bought it?

Last edited:

RoyalDutchie

Member +
Yes please do. I would appreciate that very much!
I checked the links but unfortunately there is no code or link to find that replacement kit. Could you write to that guy for me to figure out where he bought it?

Pretty sure it is disclosed information due to him beign a trader and potentially buying in bulk to increase margings. But seals come delivered with numbers.

Sure I did some looking a while back and only found the bearing not the seal, but for 15 euro's it didn't bother me much to buy from him. I'll meassure the inner seal if I can't find a spec on it.

Sure these kits are the same as many others on Ebay but IIRC the sellers wan't 30-40 euros ea instead

Frankieflowers

Member +
Pretty sure it is disclosed information due to him beign a trader and potentially buying in bulk to increase margings. But seals come delivered with numbers.

Sure I did some looking a while back and only found the bearing not the seal, but for 15 euro's it didn't bother me much to buy from him. I'll meassure the inner seal if I can't find a spec on it.

Sure these kits are the same as many others on Ebay but IIRC the sellers wan't 30-40 euros ea instead
I spoke to a guy that sells the MRII kids and ask him if you could find the oil seal for me but he said no. Looking forward to get the seal measures. Thanks

Frankieflowers

Member +
Bearing

6000-C-2HRS
https://nl.rs-online.com/web/p/ball-bearings/1371581?cm_mmc=NL-PPC-DS3A-_-google-_-3_NL_NL_Bearings+&+Seals_Ball+Bearings_Exact-_-FAG+-+1371581+-+6000-C-2HRS-_-fag+6000+c+2hrs&matchtype=e&kwd-390023633900&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImMLNuPbr9gIVyO5RCh3CgQEJEAAYASAAEgLC2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Seal is same size as below but marked differently, marked with the following characters: 11 PIA 2015 TC 10 20 7

INSIDE DIAMETER: 10mm
OUTSIDE DIAMETER: 20mm
THICKNESS: 7mm

TC 10-20-7 10X20X7 METRIC OIL / DUST SEAL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282425195577
That was very kind of yours.
I found the oil seal in Italy. I also bought a new bearing that I just replaced but better to put a new one when you extract it.

Last edited:

Frankieflowers

Member +
Bearing

6000-C-2HRS
https://nl.rs-online.com/web/p/ball-bearings/1371581?cm_mmc=NL-PPC-DS3A-_-google-_-3_NL_NL_Bearings+&+Seals_Ball+Bearings_Exact-_-FAG+-+1371581+-+6000-C-2HRS-_-fag+6000+c+2hrs&matchtype=e&kwd-390023633900&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImMLNuPbr9gIVyO5RCh3CgQEJEAAYASAAEgLC2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Seal is same size as below but marked differently, marked with the following characters: 11 PIA 2015 TC 10 20 7

INSIDE DIAMETER: 10mm
OUTSIDE DIAMETER: 20mm
THICKNESS: 7mm

TC 10-20-7 10X20X7 METRIC OIL / DUST SEAL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282425195577
I found it on Amazon in Italy. I just don’t remember if these measures are correct. It looks smaller to me. Maybe I just don’t remember. I will have to figure it out when I get to the distributor apart. :)
0DFD7F45-A943-4FA2-9CE8-1A8F5914C89E.jpeg

Skalabala

Member +
You should strip the distributor and measure the bearing and seal and then go to a bearing/seal shop.
But looks like you are on the correct path :)
Remember to lube the seal before fitment, the correct way is to use red rubber grease. Or the DIY oil way :p

Frankieflowers

Member +
You should strip the distributor and measure the bearing and seal and then go to a bearing/seal shop.
But looks like you are on the correct path :)
Remember to lube the seal before fitment, the correct way is to use red rubber grease. Or the DIY oil way appreciate appreciate your advice.
I appreciate your advice. That is what I am going to do. Unfortunately my friend who I did the job with the first time is busy so I have to wait because I want to do it with him to make sure I don’t ruin anything.