EP91 glanza engine into N/A 2e-e ep80 Wiring

Alan O Hagan

Member +
Hi,

I am looking for some information on the wiring involved in placing a 4efte from a glanza into my ep80 starlet. I have a 4efte engine loom and ecu along with a fully working ep80 with a 2e-e. I am wondering is it a matter of just repinning the plugs behind the dash that connect the ep80 dash loom to the 4efte engine loom and if so has anybody any pinouts of the plugs needed.

Thanks for your time, Alan

Jay

Admin
Hi Alan,

I swapped a 4efte into a 2ee EP80 the lazy way a long time ago. Basically reshelled a GT into a Rosepark edition.

Physically it would be a lot easier to use EP82 looms as they will fit the bay and dashboard better than the EP91 version.

Also means you can swap in the GT cluster and switches to retain all the fancy stuff (like boost gauge and rpm and even power windows potentially).

Or you can splice the 4efte engine loom into your current dash loom but that can be a bit of a headscratcher unless you are good with wiring. Will have a dig on the computer later for pin outs but @Frankieflowers did a recent conversion on his Corolla so he would be a good man to talk to.

What model year did your Glanza loom come from and is it auto or manual?

Alan O Hagan

Member +
Hi Jay,
Thanks for your response. I was under the impression a gt turbo set up would have been an easier swap but to the best of my knowledge this is not what I have at my disposal. I recently bought a half finished ep70 project that has a 4efte in the engine bay that doesn't run. I was told when buying it that the running gear came from a glanza although this information is not vefified. The only information i can get for you to determine the spec of the engine/loom is the serial numbers on the ECU. Those being 89661-10210 which from a quick google search leads me to believe it has came originally from a glanza.
If this is the case would it be as handy to use the full glanza engine and dash loom and attempt to incorporate all into the ep80 as is in the ep70 at the minute or splice the looms to join the glanza engine loom to the ep80 dash loom?
My other alternative as you said would be to source a full bumper to bumper loom from a gt turbo along with gt turbo cluster, my only question about this would be will a gt turbo engine loom be compatable with the glanza spec 4efte?

Thanks for your time, Alan.

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Ah, good to know a bit of background Alan.

Just to add another level of complexity that ECU is from a Glanza but was an automatic. Advantage is hopefully the engine will have had an easier life but there's a less agressive tune on the ECU and it'll be looking for the starter switch on the gear selector so that'll need bridged out.

If it were me I'd be shopping for a manual EP82 GT loom in place of that current loom but that's because I'm crap with wiring (and a bit lazy). The right auto spark could probably figure it out with what you have at the moment.

To suit the engine to the loom and ecu you just need the matching sensors swapped on. Temp sensors, throttle position sensors, ignitors and knock sensors vary across the 4efte years so those are the obvious suspects for reference.

Hope that makes sense!

Last edited:

SKINY

Lifer
You could also just fit the engine with loom then get someone to fit a piggyback or standalone ECU :)

Alan O Hagan

Member +
So from the responses here and talking to a few lads that have done what I am about to do I have come to this conclusion:
I think buying a complete bumper to bumper loom from a GT Turbo and placing it into the ep80 shell is the best route for handiness. Aswell as this I understand the ECU and clocks I have will not be compatible with the GT loom so I will be aswell off getting my hands on a GT turbo ECU and clocks also.
My question is will the full GT loom and GT ECU suit the 4efte I will be using that originally came from the auto glanza?
Will I run into any other issues using the GT loom on the N/A shell?
Any other tips/advice/recommendations are much appreciated.
Thanks

Jay

Admin
You'll just need to fit all the sensors that the GT ecu is looking for to the Glanza engine. So basically buy the loom and ECU with everything.

Jay

Admin
Pretty much.

I can't remember anything specific that won't swap across (cue somebody piping in with an obvious one lol)

SKINY

Lifer
Should be just a matter of swapping all the sensors etc, some will have different plug shapes and possibly some bolt on components may have different plugs tho