ep95 coilovers

richglanzav

Member +
hi could you tell me about these coilovers mate as i got an ep95 on the way and am just contemplating what way is best to get it lowered. just a few q's i have tho...

have u actually modelled them on a 4wd starlet then? as they r completely custom?

also, what is the difference between them and say a set of your normal coilovers? as i believe they r a few hundred quid dearer. what would you need to do to a normal coilover to make the car sit low on it, cus ive been told a normal set of BC or meisters will fit an ep95 just the same.

and finally whats the price of them lol cheers.

dac69er

Super Moderator
normal starlet coilovers will fit fine. but you wont get much lowering from them. you might get about 10mm lowering if that from the rear of any coilovers apart from the custom 4wd starlet ones.

even the custom ones dont allow you to completely slam the car, but it definitely gets low enough in my opinion.

the fronts are identical to any other starlet coilover.

richglanzav

Member +
ok mate thanks for that do u have a set of these or know any1 that does?

i dnt rly wna slam the car but was gna go with 14 inch wheels so it would look a bit gay if it was sitting high aswell.

just dont wna spend a bomb on coilies, and heard good things bout the BC and meisters ones.

dac69er

Super Moderator
ok mate thanks for that do u have a set of these or know any1 that does?

i dnt rly wna slam the car but was gna go with 14 inch wheels so it would look a bit gay if it was sitting high aswell.

just dont wna spend a bomb on coilies, and heard good things bout the BC and meisters ones.

i have them on my ep85. think they were the 2nd or 3rd set meister r ever did for the 4wd starlets.

i have 14" wheels on mine, it definitely doesnt look gay, but you just cant slam it to the floor. i rate them, very good coilovers for the price.

richglanzav

Member +
i have them on my ep85. think they were the 2nd or 3rd set meister r ever did for the 4wd starlets.

i have 14" wheels on mine, it definitely doesnt look gay, but you just cant slam it to the floor. i rate them, very good coilovers for the price.

ok cool mate would you mind if i asked how much they were. i had d2's on the glanza before. very harsh indeed they was.
cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive had D2s previously. yes they are harsh. the meisters are completely different.

cant remember the exact price off the top of my head. think it was about £700. i may be wrong though!

bucketep91

Member +
hi could you tell me about these coilovers mate as i got an ep95 on the way and am just contemplating what way is best to get it lowered. just a few q's i have tho...

have u actually modelled them on a 4wd starlet then? as they r completely custom?

also, what is the difference between them and say a set of your normal coilovers? as i believe they r a few hundred quid dearer. what would you need to do to a normal coilover to make the car sit low on it, cus ive been told a normal set of BC or meisters will fit an ep95 just the same.

and finally whats the price of them lol cheers.

there isnt much of a difference between them tbh fair enough the design had to be changed a bit but they shouldnt be any dearer than normal starlet coilovers, the difference in price is shocking IMO because 4paw ep's are rarer. Thats why i never bothered with coilovers on mines ill wait till the prices start coming down, lowering springs will do for me in the mean time, they sit low enough

03112010496.jpg

03112010495.jpg

Last edited:

richglanzav

Member +
cheers for that dude, yeh imo 750 quid for a set of coilovers is a lotttt more than im willing to pay. i want mine to sit exactly as yours does, see if i can badger them down a bit haha. or get a normal set of meisters and hope it sits low enough lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
to be honest £750 isnt too bad really. i payed almost a grand for my teins i have on my hybrid GT.

the difference between lowering springs and coilovers really isnt comparable, they are in a different league

Last edited:

richglanzav

Member +
hmmmm yeh i see what ya mean aswell dude, just gta have a gd think i guess but thanks for all your input so far every1

bucketep91

Member +
i know shocks and springs cant be compared to coilovers but i couldnt justify paying that much more for the 4x4 1s just because 4x4s are rarer

dac69er

Super Moderator
i know shocks and springs cant be compared to coilovers but i couldnt justify paying that much more for the 4x4 1s just because 4x4s are rarer

parts are cheap as anyhting now. back in the good old days you couldnt get coilovers for starlets full stop unless you payed for expensive jap ones.

when a car is rare then parts are more, its the same with almost every rare car.