Error code 14

Rory

Lifer
Folks,

This car will nevergive me peace.... Fucking thing has one more chance, anyway.....

Just got the car roaded again after the winter months. Changed a few parts and all was well the past couple of days.
Car fired up into life on the key, untill today...... :mad:
Went through all the simple things first, before doing a diagnostic test, that come back with 12 and 14 originally.
After trying to crank it a couple more times after trying diffirent things, it now only comes back with code 14, which relates to the ignition (again)

SO, i thought ok ill swap over the ignitor and amplifier for my spare, (which i know works) but that done sweet fuck all
Next port of call after reading up into code 14 was the possibility of a broken circuit somewhere, tried a continuity test between the ecu and ignitor, continuity there.
Next thought was the leads again, even still a swap of king lead done fuck all.

Only thing ive yet to try is another ECU and distibutor.

All of the above is a on a STD ECU and injectors.
Im starting to get really fucked off with this raft of shite (again) Sods law im booked in for mapping on Monday morning...

Was running great the past few days, then this happens. :mad:

Help.

Rory

Lifer
Changed the dizzy just there, nothing changed pal :(

BUT

plugged in the PFC, and it fired over... and thats set for 440 injectors and 3 bar sensors etc.

Could it be my STD ECU has/is giving up the ghost?

Ted

Member +
i had 2 different jam ecus and they both lit up error code 14 despite the car always running fine, never got to the bottom of it.

Rory

Lifer
Hey Ted

My car would not start at all yesterday with the std ecu in place.
Threw the power fc in and it fires up??

No idea :confused:

weeJohn

Lifer
Take the lid off the ecu and check for any solder joints on the pins to the socket going bad. You might need to remove the board inside to see the joints, I cant remember.

Chris@CCM

Member +
Sounds like ur ecu has give up tho the PFC might just use ne and g1 check the wiring to the dizzy from the ecu plug for ne g1 g2 and g- also check the wiring from the ecu to the ingniter making sure Igf is ok

Rory

Lifer
Yep it sounds like it.
I did a continuity check between all all wires from the ECU plug to the corresponding wire at the dizzy and coil, came back fine. Thats what confused me! :haha:
Seems to fire up no bother now on the PFC :D

Sounds like ur ecu has give up tho the PFC might just use ne and g1 check the wiring to the dizzy from the ecu plug for ne g1 g2 and g- also check the wiring from the ecu to the ingniter making sure Igf is ok