F-con help much appreciated

Nick_P

Member +
What queries you got dude??, have got a PFC FCON myself so could prob give you a little help, and am sure there are others on here who can help you out more than I could.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Did you mean HKS PFC F-con? If so you need to use the HKS map sensor which are a real pain to get if the kit doesn't have one. In the past we have only every bought full kits as the map sensors can cost more than the s/hand units!!

T

L900CMC

Member +
Yeh toby,i got a ma[p sensor with it but do you run both map sensors?We wired both up and the idiled at 200 rpm then started fluctuating to 1000,but this could be to do with fuel with the map we were on

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Purchase the GCC (Graphic Control Computer) so you can fine tune the parameters on the dyno, you can find them on eBay for £50 - £150. Purchase a EGT gauge if you haven't already done so that you can set the base settings. Without one your a little buggered and they recommend using one in the manual.

Have full English instructions if needed :) Send an email if you need them... There great units had a lot of good years from mine.

Best Regards,

Toby

L900CMC

Member +
Yeh i got the gcc aswell toby and the boost controller arrived yesterday,english instructions would help alot!!

supernova

Member +
Also which base map would you recommend to run 0.9 bar? Setting 7? And how do the settings increment? Is it lower the setting for lower boost and higher for higher boost? Also just to be sure, you just disconnect the stock MAP sensor and plug it into the HKS one? Sorry for the hijack :p

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Good man, there's also the HKS IPM (Injector Pulse Monitor), only displays injector duties but handy so you can see how much duty you have left. Send an email when you can and will send them back Zipped :)

Thanks,

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

@ Kev - It's hard to tell and each car will be different but setting 7 is high, what turbo are you running and I'll make some suggestions.

Thanks,

T

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
all interested stuff that i'll need to know when i fit mine ;)

ps, tobes, check pm's could do with them instructions too :)

stevetony01

Member +
injectpulse.gif

HKS IPM (Injector Pulse Monitor)

Toby@ToyTuning.com

That's the one Tone, that's actually the old one there's a newer one out as well but there all the same inside. If you want instructions send us an email and I'll send them out lads.

With a CT9 on 0.9 bar you don't really need one, the stock ECU will be fine. Run 1.1 bar I would imagine setting two would be more than enough, probably setting one then fine tune with GCC.

In basic you want to test the car on setting one, if the EGT temps go up and over 850degreres (probe in manifold) then slow down and change to setting two. Keep doing this until your on the right setting with constant EGT readings of 750 - 800 degrees. Then ldrive for a few days, then dyno with GCC and off you go. I drove without a GCC for over a year although the tune is basic.

To set as an example we ran 202@ wheels with Blitz K1, 1.4 bar, 550cc Injectors on setting 4 I think it was bearing in mind this was years ago although I'm pretty experienced with the units.

Best Regards,

Toby

glanzaV195

Member +
i have f con, its the e3112 type, and i dont have a hks map sensor and have heard before that its not needed on the e3112, is this correct?, i think the dial is on setting 6?? am on standard ct9 running 1 bar, the car runs fine and has been like this for over 2 years as far as im aware, i'm just curious as to weather or not its set up anywhere near correct or if its way off? soz 2 hijack the thread lol.