Factory hi/lo boost with a aftermarket actuator

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Is it possible to get the factory hi/lo selonoid to work with a aftermarket actuator with only one vac line inlet/outlet on it?

Before everyone says bypass it, I'm trying to keep it original

Cheers

iirc it works like stock with the jam actuator, i had one on my car years ago...just the base boost is a bit higher than stock and tends to hold better in the higher rpm

GP82

Member +
You can use the factory boost solenoid with a actuator that only has one port.

The HKS actuator kit for the 4EFTE comes with a t piece which enables you to install it so you can retain the hi and low boost function.

JohnOBrien8

Member +
was searching this last night with no luck, so i can set mine to boost at .7 on low boost and say 1 bar on high?
can you explain that diagram please GP82

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Hey GP82,

This is how mine is currently set up but with no difference once the dash button is pressed?

Everything is still connected to the selonoid in the engine bay and the green light comes on on the boost gauge but no diffence in power??

GP82

Member +
A quick search pulled this thread out, have a look for more details; http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?78507-hks-actuator-pictures

The diagram is self explanatory, t piece in vaccum pipe between actuator and boost reference and remaining end of t piece into boost solenoid.

Marco, you will have to check the solenoid is still working, on the EP82, there is a earth from the solenoid mounted on the engine mount to chassis, also check there is continuity in the wiring from the hi/low switch inside cabin to the solenoid.