Filter relocation

Chris

Member +
What size of pipe is needed for comming off the turbo guys? will be goin onto an hks mushroom filter anythin other info would be gd to ie metal pipe lenght n stuff, .

SimmoGT

Member +
ive just made one now for mine, ive got a samco 90 degree reducer pipe 45mm to 51mm,45mm turbo side, then i have a 5 inch metal pipe which is 51mm, then a 51mm to 63mm reducer pipe to connect the hks filter. hope this helps
dan

Chris

Member +
Thanks simmo,cant see your gt being different to my v no? you recon it will need some sort off bracket or is it pretty steady? not wantin it flappin about n poppping off.

SimmoGT

Member +
wouldnt have thought it would be any diff, the only thing is ive got my aircon removed,have you taken yours out?should be fine, turbodave has a similar set up, its held on fine with jubilee clips

Craig

Lifer
Thanks simmo,cant see your gt being different to my v no? you recon it will need some sort off bracket or is it pretty steady? not wantin it flappin about n poppping off.

I've just recently fitted mine mate. The parts Simmo listed will fit. I'm going to have to make a bracket for mine as it's a Blitz SUS filter which has bent a few fins on the rad becuase of it's size. You also need to have the A/C removed first. I can give you a hand with it if needed since you're in the Edin area. Do you have a Silver Glanza with Silver tints btw?

Chris

Member +
I've just recently fitted mine mate. The parts Simmo listed will fit. I'm going to have to make a bracket for mine as it's a Blitz SUS filter which has bent a few fins on the rad becuase of it's size. You also need to have the A/C removed first. I can give you a hand with it if needed since you're in the Edin area. Do you have a Silver Glanza with Silver tints btw?

Aww sound mate :), nope white glanza, on lenzo rims, im goin to the ec meet tonight if your up there ( at hermi gate) pm me ure number mate might see u out n about.

Yea all air con has been removed.

Craig

Lifer
Just fitted another relocation to Smile's car... dab hand now :p

Won't be at EC I doubt, will maybe pop along though... PM Sent.

Chris

Member +
ive just made one now for mine, ive got a samco 90 degree reducer pipe 45mm to 51mm,45mm turbo side, then i have a 5 inch metal pipe which is 51mm, then a 51mm to 63mm reducer pipe to connect the hks filter. hope this helps
dan

was gonna get 38mm to 35mm reducer (38mm turbo side) but then i need like a 35 to 75mm reducer as the hks filter side is 75mm wide, no supplys a 35-75mm reducer! i dunno wht to do as i dont want it to got up in like steps if you get wht i mean any ideas?,

TurboDave

Member +
I dont know where 38mm comes from.

IMAG0807.jpg