Finally got the Evo fixed today...AWESOME!!!

Rick

Trader
Well after breaking the Evo about 6 weeks ago I finally got it fixed today. God I've missed driving her :drive:

I've been driving the 306 TD for the last 6 weeks and it feels so good to get 350bhp under my right foot again.

I've fitted my Greddy Type S tonight to test it out. I think it might need a bit of running in but I did manage to get a couple of whistles out of it and it sounded great :)

Rick

Trader
It looks like something managed to get flicked up into the engine bay like a stone and then must have got caught in the auxilliary belt. That managed to break a pretty large chunk out of my water pump pulley. I bloody shit myself when it happend, it sounded like a load of ball bearings had been thrown into the engine bay.

The damage wasn't too bad, just short of £200 to get it fixed.

Fro

Member +
I've fitted my Greddy Type S tonight to test it out. I think it might need a bit of running in but I did manage to get a couple of whistles out of it and it sounded great :)

Do you mean the bov might need a bit of running in??

My mate just rebuilt his Evo6 to 385hp, scares the shit out of me, sounds mean as fook.
Still need to get a run in my other mates 2.3 stroked evo. 530bhp atf :drive:

Rick

Trader
Yes I do mean the BOV. It's obviously not been used in a while so I'm still experimenting with the spring tension so hopefully I don't get any stalling issues but I get a nice DUMP!!!:rockon:

Fro

Member +
Ah right i see. I got mine brand new, stuck it on how it came. Was chattering a bit so softened it a tad and its better, not so loud (could be in my head) so might play around with it yet! This is on a gt tho! Bet it will sound good on the evo tho!

Rick

Trader
Ah right i see. I got mine brand new, stuck it on how it came. Was chattering a bit so softened it a tad and its better, not so loud (could be in my head) so might play around with it yet! This is on a gt tho! Bet it will sound good on the evo tho!

It should do, I'm running 1.6 bar initial boost then a steady 1.4 bar. Hopefully I can get the settings sorted out otherwise the APS will be going back on.

Rick

Trader
post up some pictures lad :)

Trust me I don't need much of an excuse to show the Evo off LOL!!!

Here you go mate:

evo2.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

evo3.jpg

evo4.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg