Finx runs 13.10 with a CT9b!

Fatman

Member +
Finx just recently set a new PB running 13.104 @ 104.74 MPH

EP71 Turbo S
Running a 5E-FHE with slightly raised CR. Standard pistons/rods etc.
ACIS intake manfold
Custom exhaust/intake/intercooler setup
Megasquirt MSII ECU tuned by Slostar
0.8bar boost

No nitrous, no water/meth injection, running pump 98 octane petrol. Very worn out hoosier DOT legal tires on a very slippery night track on a new surface.

Car with current setup will definitely do 12's on a standard turbo!

60' 2.100
330' 5.568
1/8 8.453
1/8 MPH 84.77
1000' 10.961
1/4 13.104
MPH 104.74

Don't have any video footage of this run unfortunately :( Ran 3x 13.1xx ET's that night.

GP82

Member +
WoW! Do you think it will run 12 sec et with better track conditions?

Can he not pull some timing out the map and compensate with more boost upto 1 bar, he will see the 12 sec et for sure. That sure is a very efficient setup! Well done guys, i really like the setup.

Fatman

Member +
Turbo is flowing all it wants to, boost actually tapers off to 0.5 bar high in the rev range. We have a plan to try and somewhat correct this, but the reality is the turbo is giving all she can. Will definitely turn a 12 in the next couple of months if nothing breaks :) Trapping 104mph on a CT9 is no easy task!

Once it runs a 12 I think finx might get a little crazy and put a *shock* bigger turbo on it.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
that is an amazing result for the setup hes running!!

congratulations are in order :D

kon

richardc9052

Fresh Recruit
so you basically just turbo'd a 5efhe straight up? and you raised compression? and people say a turbo'd n/a engine wont last :D

I did a 13.9 on a std 4efte with a ct9 no LSD full slicks limiter in near every gear:haha: it must respond well on std 5e internals with a ct9

Last edited:

finx

Member +
Just saw this thread.

Cheers guys, its been a long time in the making.
Thanks to Fatman for all the support during the many builds.

Racing again very soon, some changes have been and are in the process of being finished so watch this space.

Haha i dont think it will get a bigger turbo just yet. I still have some quality control testing to do on the stock ct9 :haha:

Ryan