First track day report

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Well headed to kirkistown yesterday for my first time out on a track as a driver and what a day. After selling a well spec'd GT and buying a stock GT for the track, I was surprised how well it done considering it was on stock suspension and budget road tyres lol.

I know the car would be nowhere near as good as a well sorted EP but it was good to get out, learn the lines, get a feel for braking at high speed and just to have a good days craic.

One main point that I can take away from yesterday was, especially on the long bends, keep it planted. I couldnt believe when I was coming around debtor's dip ( anyone not familiar with kirkistown, its a fast left hand bend at about 45 degrees ) anywhere between 105 - 110mph on stock tyres and suspension and it didnt even think about throwing the tail out.

I had a set of pads on the that where about half worn, ad on my last lap of about my 7th session, scrubbed the passenger inner pad right off... didnt think it would be so hard on pads... lucky it was the end of the day anyway.

Can't wait now to get some good rubber, thinking of going to try out the toyo r-1r and if the funds are low come to the next day, I might even throw on a set of t-1r, im sure they will be an upgrade from what I have atm. Also hopefully gong to be on the lookout for a set of coilies, used to have D2's on a Glanza I had and they would be ideal, so maybe a set of them will do the job rightly.

All in all, had a cracking day, and great to be able to drive a car to the limit in a safe as can be environment with no law telling ya you cant!

Definitely recommend it anyone to give it a try if you haven't already!