FMIC causing big lag and drop in boost

Budz09

Fresh Recruit
K i need a bit of help

I just installed a Autobahn 88 FMIC and in 1st gear she hits only 2 green lights on the dash. Thats also when i push it to about 5500rpm. 2nd and upwards increase in speed but nothing spectacular ya know?:(

I'm running everything standardish atm. I have a HKS FCD and Ajustable Fuel pressure reg. Now also when i switch the pipes to bypass low and high boost i find i LOOSE boost when it hits about .75!:mad: It ends up dropping to about .55 and holds there. Any suggestions??? I have big plans in the future so wanna get rid of any small problems now :freddy:

Derek

Lifer
Did you use the jubilee clips that came with the kit? id say boost leak because the ones with the kit are rubbish.

clarkytrd

Member +
i ran onof these on my glanza with no problems, the pipework on the autobahn f.m.i.c is bad... runs all over the place.

make sure all your clamps are tight, u could be loosing boost.

it'll never boost full in first gear anyway till u do away with the low boost solenoid.

Budz09

Fresh Recruit
ya i did... But these clips were really cool looking ones.
9axqwy.jpg

Budz09

Fresh Recruit
I got rid of the low boost and she spooled much better in first but still drops after she hits a certain pressure

clarkytrd

Member +
its probably your FCD.

mine ran like a bag of shite when i installed mine, u will need to get it set up on a rolling road, to get your fuelling checked.

correct me if im wrong but i think this is causing your problem, took me a while to figure it out too when i suffered same problem.

Budz09

Fresh Recruit
Ok thanks men! What should my FCD be set at? .7/.8??? Mines tucked away so cant check it right now...

She starts loosing it around 5000/5500 i think...

Budz09

Fresh Recruit
Ok will do... Pissin rain now doh so i'll have to do it tomorro.

I currently have a HKS EVC IV but i piped it in wrong so she reads the boost but doesn't control it. Havent had a chance to run it in properly yet. Are they any good?