Forged internals kit?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Wish I did my forged build years ago, finding parts is a bit of a mission nowadays.

Anyway, got my engine apart so I am now in a position to start ordering bits.

The 2 companies that come up are idworkz and tuning developments. The tuning developments kit looks like the better kit, but there feedback is patchy at best.

Tb developments also sell the forged bits, but they don't sell some of the auxiliary bits like the oil pump etc.

Is there anyone else I am missing? Anywhere I can get the bits from, even if I have to buy bits from a few different places.

SKINY

Lifer
I would swerve td like the plague after all the shit with him and my own experience having to chase him on behalf of a foreign member who was waiting on a big order and he wouldn't answer phone, messages or emails from him.
ID works, Idress and the team have sorted me many bits over the years, always a pleasure to deal with too, most recent was the coilovers for the Caldina, they where the cheapest I could find :) they do forge kits also, then you can spec it to your needs.
I will be using them again when I start the engine on mine

dac69er

Super Moderator
the bit that would tempt me with tuning developments is they sell genuine toyota bits with their forged kit, plus its a little cheaper.

id workz are fine. ive used them for some bits and had no issues.
just wondered if anyone had used their forged internals kit specifically or if there was anywhere else i could have a look at?

Kev-ep91

Member +
I would swerve td like the plague after all the shit with him and my own experience having to chase him on behalf of a foreign member who was waiting on a big order and he wouldn't answer phone, messages or emails from him.
ID works, Idress and the team have sorted me many bits over the years, always a pleasure to deal with too, most recent was the coilovers for the Caldina, they where the cheapest I could find :) they do forge kits also, then you can spec it to your needs.
I will be using them again when I start the engine on mine
Couldnt have said that any better, ID works are brilliant to deal with. TD did my build but were a bit arsey when i asked them to fix some of the rough bits they left when it was down gettin warranty work done.

Djaniero

Member +
I've had no issues with TD, but others seemed to have had problems with them over the years. Speedvision and Jap Service parts used to be good for starlet bits although its been a while since I bought parts from them.

i've also had great success with using ID workz over the years whether its oem or aftermarket parts...i'm from the caribbean and its good when i can find reliable sellers. This company even came to my aid last year when i urgently needed replacement coilovers---good price, very reasonable shipping and excellent communication throughout the entire process...it's hard to beat that combination.

for forged pistons, we used an ebay seller, but the store's based in the USA, so shipping and import duties for you may be a major deterent...the store sells wiseco in 74/74.5/75mm sizes

Djaniero

Member +
i've also had great success with using ID workz over the years whether its oem or aftermarket parts...i'm from the caribbean and its good when i can find reliable sellers. This company even came to my aid last year when i urgently needed replacement coilovers---good price, very reasonable shipping and excellent communication throughout the entire process...it's hard to beat that combination.

for forged pistons, we used an ebay seller, but the store's based in the USA, so shipping and import duties for you may be a major deterent...the store sells wiseco in 74/74.5/75mm sizes
Do you have the eBay link to the seller?

SKINY

Lifer
Couldnt have said that any better, ID works are brilliant to deal with. TD did my build but were a bit arsey when i asked them to fix some of the rough bits they left when it was down gettin warranty work done.
The fact that Me in Northern Ireland had to chase up an English land supplier on behalf of a Dutch customer says it all for me :)

SKINY

Lifer
Messing people around, months to reply, engine builds not washed out properly and self destructing in no time, shoddy welding etc. This was all celica stuff a few years back.

SKINY

Lifer
one would think your credability would be ruined from all that
To be honest I've heard a horror story or 10 about most of the English land "starlet tuners" but nothing about ID Works
Everyone can drop the ball to be fair, but some drop flat balls that dont bounce back

Djaniero

Member +
To be honest I've heard a horror story or 10 about most of the English land "starlet tuners" but nothing about ID Works
Everyone can drop the ball to be fair, but some drop flat balls that dont bounce back
If you dig deep enough you’ll find negative feedback on them all at some point man :(. I guess it’s just the nature of the game these days….companies/tuners make mistakes at times, but with the power of social media people can leave negative feedback at will about a company. I miss the old days when a majority of the sellers/tuners in the starlet scene could be trusted. Now they seem very few and far between.