fuelling prob

BoostJunkie

Member +
Right guys the other day i started noticing that once i switch the ignition off and let it run on the turbo timer it was reading lean on my wideband (innovate).

But now its starting to run lean a lot now even at idle at a junction say, but once moving its ok, its done 4000 miles since i rebuilt it i have been waiting till i got back to uni so i can afford to get it mapped hoping to do that in the next few weeks.

just put the engine back in 2 weeks ago as i was changing the engine mounts, was ok before that.

Any ideas as to why it could be running lean ?

tps needing re-set ?
icv ?

cheers guys

colin

mine doing the same somtimes when i turn it on after a little at rest , not always doing it! otherwise its running fine afrs at criusing, on boost and also at idle when not doing it. what could it be? aem wideband was installed as guided and just done under 3k km!

kieran.s gt

Member +
Right guys the other day i started noticing that once i switch the ignition off and let it run on the turbo timer it was reading lean on my wideband (innovate).

But now its starting to run lean a lot now even at idle at a junction say, but once moving its ok, its done 4000 miles since i rebuilt it i have been waiting till i got back to uni so i can afford to get it mapped hoping to do that in the next few weeks.

just put the engine back in 2 weeks ago as i was changing the engine mounts, was ok before that.

Any ideas as to why it could be running lean ?

tps needing re-set ?
icv ?

cheers guys

colin

how lean is it reading could be lamba sensor gone faulty
just before my wideband sensor failed it started reading fully lean

kieran.s gt

Member +
mine doing the same somtimes when i turn it on after a little at rest , not always doing it! otherwise its running fine afrs at criusing, on boost and also at idle when not doing it. what could it be? aem wideband was installed as guided and just done under 3k km!

yeah mines the same sometimes it idles at 18 afr other times it holds at 15

BoostJunkie

Member +
its fluctuates between 15-17, possible it is the lambda but i doubt it as it is new but it was a universal one.

i noticed aswell that if its reached op temp and been turned on and off it sometimes struggles to start thats why i'm thinking tps or icv

hmm could be yes but mine never struggled to start or showed any symptoms of doing so. could be the stock lambda sensor ?