Getting Airco Back

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
Hi,
I have a Sera which I've fitted a 4E-FTE to. The 4E block didn't come with an a/c bracket. I'm now going about sourcing one, but I'm not sure which one to get in case there's a difference in sizes between to the Sera compressor and the Starlet one, which would throw the belts off if I got the wrong one.
Can anyone confirm that the belt wheels are probably the same and a 4E-FTE bracket is the one I would need?

Thanks

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
Well I'm defo looking for a mounting bracket so I'll take that off you, but I don't wanna have to get a new compressor etc unless I need to. On the toyodiy pictures they look identical but the part numbers are a bit off.

How much do you want for the bracket incl post to Dublin?

whiteglanzav

Member +
yes mate, im not sure but i think that that idler on the diagram is the main cam belt idler, if it is then you will not need it !

which parts do you actually want ? i have all the aircon parts !!

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
yes mate, im not sure but i think that that idler on the diagram is the main cam belt idler, if it is then you will not need it !

which parts do you actually want ? i have all the aircon parts !!

Hehe...the more I look at that diagram the more I'm not sure. I think you're right about the idler. The pulley for the compressor is present on my engine so I guess I just need the bracket labeled 88431 in the diagram and the 4 bolts that stick it to the block and I guess I should get the other 2 small brackets labeled 88432 and 88433 aswell even though I've no idea where they go. Why is it all so different to the Sera!
Is paypal ok? Send me a pm with your paypal email and I'll pay. How much in total?

Edit: running out now will sort it when back in a few hours.

Last edited:

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
i wil go 2 the garage 2moro and get the bits then i will get a postage quote and let u kno then is that ok ??

Yeah spot on...dont suppose you have intercooler piping aswell by any chance. No sign of them from the guy I was supposed to be getting them off.

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
do u mean standard top mount piping ? yes i have it !

Great stuff....I need the intake pipes (filter-turbo), the ones that go from compressor to intercooler, and the standard dump valve +pipes to hook it up. Basically everything but the intercooer itself! Will also take intercooler bracket if you have it. Thanks.

whiteglanzav

Member +
Great stuff....I need the intake pipes (filter-turbo), the ones that go from compressor to intercooler, and the standard dump valve +pipes to hook it up. Basically everything but the intercooer itself! Will also take intercooler bracket if you have it. Thanks.

i have the bracket and tmic to inlet mani pipe i have the part of the inlet track that goes over the mani but not the standard s bend but i do have a piece of flexi i was using to put the filter in the stock position

and the tmic to compressor pipe i have has a blitz bov flange on it that i will be needing but you can have the pipe without it on !!

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
OK...the flexi will do fine. I'm gonna put a cone filter on anyway.
I'm a little bit sketchy on how things work around the BOV as I'm new to this turbo malarky. Do you have the standard dump valve and pipe to replace the flange and whatever else you're taking off? I don't really care once I have everything I need to make it run tbh!

whiteglanzav

Member +
technically you dont have to run it with a bov but that could harm your turbo in the long run,

the pipe that i have is the same as a standard tmic pipe to compressor but with a different bov flange on it, but i will have to cut that flange off as i will be needing it.

what you will need to do is get an aftermarket bov. im not sure if they come with flanges to weld to the intercooler pipes or not, but if they dont then you should be able to get one cut then weld it in where mine was sat, attach the bov and hey presto !!!

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
Righto....I'll get an aftermarket one from somewhere or maybe someone on here has a stock one. I'll take all the other bits off you, pm me price and your email address!