Glanza v ABS Issue

janrat

Fresh Recruit
Hi,

I recently replace the wire harness of the glanza v. Now the ABS light indicates continuously. I found that there are no rear ABS sensors in my car. Is it possible to fix ABS to work (front only)??

Thanks in advance.

dac69er

Super Moderator
is the car an abs model?

if not its not as simple as just fitting sensors. if your car doesn't have abs I would remove the bulb and ignore it.

Jay

Admin
I don't think you can operate ABS on only two of thé four wheels - the ecu will look for a signal from all four sensors and flag up a fault if any are missing.

As duncan says, you can refit the rear sensors if it's an abs-equipped model otherwise you should just remove as much of the system as you can and hope it isn't noted during mot inspection.

Jay

Fez

Member +
As duncan says, you can refit the rear sensors if it's an abs-equipped model otherwise you should just remove as much of the system as you can and hope it isn't noted during mot inspection.

Jay

No MOT as such this side of the pond Jay :)

janrat

Fresh Recruit
Hi,

The car is originally equipped with ABS and worked fine. But after changing the wire harness only i found that rear sensors are not installed. (New engine with harness and dash board harness). So believe that car was on two wheel ABS.(I got the ABS actuating feel to my foot when breaking on a slippery place)

Last edited: