glanza wont start not getting fuel.

Norman j

Fresh Recruit
Hi im new. recently purchased a crashed glanza for small money not running. It wont start as it is not getting fuel. the fuel pump and starter motor are not working when i turn over the car. i started the car by by-passing the ignition and pouring a little fuel down the intake maniflo. does anybody know why its not fueling and turning the starter itself could the ecu be fried? does it have an imobiliser? also the alarm was removed from this car a k9 alarm and the turbo timer removed. could this be the problem wires not connected back right? i have lights on the dash it just wont turn the starter motor and i dont hear the fuel pump going either. any help appreciated.

Mark-ep91

Member +
have you got an orange engine management light coming on when you turn on the ignition?
if not you will not have the fuel pump working!

Mark-ep91

Member +
25904161044.jpg

try checking the starter wires from the above pic!

also check the efi fuse under the bonnet fuse box and fuses under the dash as could be simply fix!

weeJohn

Lifer
Bridge the connections B+ and FP in the diagnostics plug and turn the ignition to position 2. That should run the fuel pump if the fuse and electrical circuit are good.

Norman j

Fresh Recruit
ok so today i opened the screw on the top of the fuel pump and fuel gushed out. i re connected it and the car started but would not rev and cut out after 5 secs. fuel seems to come true the filter about one in ten times its turned over. but dosent stay coming true. also i never hear the fuel pump is it really quiet on glanzas? it wasnt on a type r i had which a similar problem which turned out to be the imobiliser. is it a faulty fuel pump? faulty ecu? faulty efi?

Il try that wee john thanks and thanks Mark also :)

Norman j

Fresh Recruit
I got a loan of an ecu its not that. the car starts then cuts out after few secs or if you try to rev. its like the fuel pump stops working . anyone any ideas?

weeJohn

Lifer
How long has it been sitting about?

Fuel can go off in a couple of months so it might be worth draining the tank and put some fresh stuff in. You can drain it easy by removing one of the fuel hoses in the engine bay, either from the fpr or before the filter and fitting a long bit of hose on and put the end in a drum. Run the pump as I said before until the tank is empty.

Norman j

Fresh Recruit
Would the fuel sitting up actualy make that much of a dfference? Like it starts and cuts out the same way every time. its like it gets a pre pump and then stops pumping yano?
Its been sitting up a while il try that anyway sound lad!

Norman j

Fresh Recruit
Its not the fuel! read what i said the pump stops for some reason. sher if the fuel was bad it wouldnt go atal. it idles for about 20 secs then cuts out fuel stops coming. even when i open the pipe at the filter and turn it over no fuel comes tru after it has cut out yet i took the pump out and bench tested it it seemed grand. now read what i said and dont tell me its blocked fuel line r something stupid. obviously some kind of electrical problem or something which I havent a clue and thats why im here

Last edited:

350ep70gr

Member +
Calm down mate..scot-ish trying to help you...it is just his opinion..if you dont like what he said..just leave it at the side.

Wort checking the pump relay. On the ep82 is a green one behind the dash.I dont know where it is located on the Glanza.Or for testing propose you can hard wire the pump directly bypassing the efi and relay and see how it goes.
P.s. Bad fuel can do the exatcly same thing as it happend to me yesterday with a marine engine and i had to row till the shore..

Chris

scot-ish

Member +
have you done this yet??

Bridge the connections B+ and FP in the diagnostics plug and turn the ignition to position 2. That should run the fuel pump if the fuse and electrical circuit are good.

can you hear the pump stop? or is there no pressure??

because as of yet, all youve said is "the fuel pump then stops?"

does the current at the pump stop? try using a multimeter, and watch the current and volatage during a few starts of the car? see if pump itself is stopping pumping, or if the power supply to the pump is stopping it.

this is simple, but you seem to expect everyone else to do everything for you,

your explanation is shite,

first you started with the starter motor not working either, youve yet to say how you fixed this, and managed to turn the car over, as this seeming an electrical problem, the answer to that could help diagnose your other problems.

jam35

Member +
right, get a testing lamp and check you have current to the pump, i know its a different car but my carina was doing the exact same thing the other day. it would start and then as soon as i touched the throttle the car would stutter and cut out.change the fuel as said above first.then if you still have no joy throw a different pump in, i would think it is that to be honest.

you could however take the pump out and bench test it to see if it runs.hope this helps.

Norman j

Fresh Recruit
Im starting to think its the imobiliser. my mate tells me toyotas were fitted with them after 96 and i need a key with a chip in it which i never got with the car. What ye reckon? I only got a metal key. Any ideas on how to bypass it? Do I have to get a new key? where and how much does it cost. Id rather bypass

Last edited: