Glanza won't start

Vanessa.B

Fresh Recruit
Hi guy's, just signed upto this today, came across it when I was trying to get info on why my Glanza isnt starting. Basically the ignition was left on last wednesday, jump started it, it drove fine for 3 days, then on the saturday it started, drove 10 mins up the road and broke down. At first it made a clicking sound. Jump started it again, ticked over fine, put it into gear and got nowhere, cut out again. Now it wont even start when we jump start it, and it says BATT on my turbo timer. Is it just that the battery is completely dead and I need to replace it or could it be something else? any advice would be great :)

Pixie96

Member +
Hi guy's, just signed upto this today, came across it when I was trying to get info on why my Glanza isnt starting. Basically the ignition was left on last wednesday, jump started it, it drove fine for 3 days, then on the saturday it started, drove 10 mins up the road and broke down. At first it made a clicking sound. Jump started it again, ticked over fine, put it into gear and got nowhere, cut out again. Now it wont even start when we jump start it, and it says BATT on my turbo timer. Is it just that the battery is completely dead and I need to replace it or could it be something else? any advice would be great :)

First welcome along everyone on this will always do there best to help you out, my car is the same and i have a thread up at the mo which has a few replies on it that might help you!!

Car wont run longer than 30 sec's...

Above is what the thread is called!
By the sounds of it, it is your batt the glanza's will not run without a fully charged batt, only other thing i would check is if you have an alarm with an imobiliser that will stop the engine from turning over...

Hope this helps you in some way,;)

ep82_advance

Member +
welcome to toyota gt turbo..

every one on here is helpful and they will try there best to help you out..

your problem seems like a loose connection on the starter if its clicked before and then later on if it turned over or second thing is your battery is under 10.4 volts so it wouldnt crank the engine..

try charging the battery for couple hours and try again or if you have another car change the batterys over to see...

good luck

Stu-

Member +
If the engine is going then the alternator should provide enough voltage for the engine to run unless the battery is really dead and drawing all the current. Along with checking the battery it might pay to check the voltage when the car is running and see if its around 13.8 - 14.2volts

Vanessa.B

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the advice guy's, so my dad found the problem, hes a mechanic, I havent a clue!! It was a cable under the back seat that had been twisted back together and taped by a previous owner, but it had coroded and was effecting the fuel pump??! Not really sure the exact mechanics, I was just happy to have it running again!!

Vanessa.B

Fresh Recruit
I love your V-Tec quote, brilliant!! I raced a guys civic sir recently and beat him 3 out of 3 times and all he had to say after was "I dunno when my V-Tec kicks in though"! so annoying!