Gran Turismo 5 Track Days

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Evening,

As GT5 will be coming out on the 24th and for the first time the GT series will be going online:rockon:

Now i played Forza,and while its a great game online is highly frustrating.
You are guaranteed that ,in every race, you are going to be bumped off the track and lose your times and/or place because some 12 year old,or someone with the same mentality, gets angry and breaks the rules to get by.Also,they always use the top top car they can,which i find boring.

My solution to this is to have closed track days online.

The basics are
Laps : 2 for Nurburgring Nordschleife Full. 3 for the smaller tracks.

Power : Different races will have different limits.

Make/Model/Drive-train : Open. I think this will be better.It will mean there will be different types of cars with different styles of driving because of the drive-train.*

Modifications : Open except Nitrous.While it will be hard to know if its being used I'm sure we'd all be truthful.

Types of Races :
Time Attack - This will be the main type of race.Winner is decided on by times.I think its fairer.

Grid Racing - Wont be as common but will be used.Basically a normal race.

Drifting - Same as grid racing.Both might get used more depending on the demand.

Open Days - Basically its like trying to get a good time on GT4 but your doing it online with other people on the track.Any car,any power.

The first Race Meeting will be an Open Race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife Full with Night Cycle on at 10PM. This can be changed if the majority want it earlier/later.

Reason for being open is because we wont have it that long :D

There will be a return of the TGTT Leaderboard just changed a bit (for the better i hope).For now i think its best to constrain it to Nurburgring Nordschleife Full and the Top Gear Test Track:rockon:.

The way it works is you need visual proof,whether confirmed by members at a race meet or picture/video.The times only go to 10th.You have to beat the 10th place time on it to get onto the leaderboard.Outside of the 10th place time wont count.Board will be updated weekly.Post proof in this thread and i'll edit it.As only the Glanza V is available and not the GT it will be the car used.

If theres interest we could have different car competitions over the length of a week.

Top Gear Test Track
Place- Name-CR/SW** - Time
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th

Nurburgring Nordschleife Full
Place- Name -CR/SW - Time
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th

* Race cars are out except on Open Race and Model Specific Races.
**Controller/Steering Wheel

So,get your names down.There can only be 16 online on one track at a time so there might be need for 2 or more "rooms".

Also,its 110% confirmed for the 24th.Most who pre-ordered it for delivery (HMV,GAME) were told their games were sent and are being held at the courier's office until release day.Plus magazines are doing some reviews.
Heres one in process one - Clicky

And what should have been the GT5 intro
[video=youtube;CNtmrEU9ZQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtmrEU9ZQw[/video]

[video=youtube;BRehoS-RmfI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRehoS-RmfI[/video]

Who will be claiming the elusive title...

Some say Chuck Norris is afraid of him...

Some say he is releasing a channel line up called Stig1, Stig2 and Stig HD..

Some say the new stig is rumored to be Michael Schumacher, Sebastian Leob and maybe even the great Colin McRae Reborn...

Others say he can claim 1st place in the TGTT LeaderBoard...

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
dan you take games way to serious lol
Ahaha

It started out simple,get a group from here to go online in a private race so no-one would be acting the bollox,but then i see problems here and there etc and thought this was a better way to go about lol

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Ahaha

It started out simple,get a group from here to go online in a private race so no-one would be acting the bollox,but then i see problems here and there etc and thought this was a better way to go about lol

ill play anyway just explain the rules before we play lol ,no mic no play should be another rule i hate playing when people have no mic ,ya cant abuse them then lol

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
ill play anyway just explain the rules before we play lol ,no mic no play should be another rule i hate playing when people have no mic ,ya cant abuse them then lol
lol,basically its dont shove people off the track or block them on a time attack run.
After that ill post the max bhp allowed (300,350,500,1000 etc) here before the next race "meet"

And the lad to be talking,i seem to remember you not having a mike with COD for a while :p
Ah but a mike is a big plus when playing online with friends :)

Johnny_B

Member +
"As GT5 will be coming out on the 24th and for the first time the GT series will be going online"

You've been able to play prologue online for years. I don't have a PS3, but play it whenever i go to my brothers house.

Suzuka in the 720 performance points class is awesome!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
"As GT5 will be coming out on the 24th and for the first time the GT series will be going online"

You've been able to play prologue online for years. I don't have a PS3, but play it whenever i go to my brothers house.

Suzuka in the 720 performance points class is awesome!

Bah,i refused to buy prologue

Shorty

Member +
Thought the hrf gt etc was in 5 n the glanza wasnt in it atal?? Or the was the last car list i read, was ages back tbf.