greddy emanage blue lead question

ive got an emanage blue and ive tried connecting it to my laptop to set it up and its saying cannot connect with with main base. im using a usb to usb cable to connect could this be the problem?

elison

Member +
You can not simply use and usb to usb connection. You either have to purchase to Emanage support tool which bring the cable with it or build one your self. I once saw a manual on how to build that. I also tought that i didn't need the original cable and just use an usb to usb connection but it doesn't work like that.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
i know with the ultimate you can use a usb lead but i only seen today with one of my e manage blue that there was a different lead

Joelean

Member +
Hey man the original data cable was a USB to serial but serial conections are pretty rare on newer laptops, an hence the softwares drivers are based on this connection. If you are unable to connect using the original serial USB cable try searching for gifftech on google as I know he produces his own USB to USB cables that come with the correct drivers. Hope this helps

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Hey man the original data cable was a USB to serial but serial conections are pretty rare on newer laptops, an hence the softwares drivers are based on this connection. If you are unable to connect using the original serial USB cable try searching for gifftech on google as I know he produces his own USB to USB cables that come with the correct drivers. Hope this helps
gifftech thats actually what i have its written on the cd