GT25R Turbo :P

Rizzy

Member +
iv recently purchased a GT, it has the GT25R Turbo fitted in, my question is when should this turbo start kicking in, as it seems to be kicking in really late close to 4K revs, is this normal? or should it be earlier? secondly the previous owner seems to have left little to no room for any air intake, so has no air filter on the car, has simply meshed the turbo, and left it like that, could this be unhealthy? was thinking of creating my own air filter relocation and getting an air filter on their asap, anyone previously done that for these turbo's if so any measurements for the silicone pipes etc?

Fro

Member +
:pics:

:haha:

Cant answer many of your questions but i know a few people do run different turbos meshed with mixed opinions.

Do you mean it doesnt start boosting at all till 4k or you are making your max boost at 4k?
p.s, i dont know how big this turbo is in comparison with anything else :drive:

Rizzy

Member +
Do you mean it doesnt start boosting at all till 4k or you are making your max boost at 4k?
p.s, i dont know how big this turbo is in comparison with anything else :drive:

It starts to boost at 4k mate :S

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
is it the toms kitted one? it had a bad crack in the exhaust manifold if its the same one. if it hasnt been repaired or replaced that would cause it to seem laggy.

Rizzy

Member +
is it the toms kitted one? it had a bad crack in the exhaust manifold if its the same one. if it hasnt been repaired or replaced that would cause it to seem laggy.

yeh thas the one... im kinda relieved i was fearing the worst... like u were gna reveal some dark secret about the car that i didnt pick up on, and you solved the mystery of the lag.. lol yeh i need to replace the manifold, im guessing wud be the same manifold fitment of a t25 ... any ideas where i could get a decent one from? seen a few on ebay, but not sure of the quality :S

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
ebay manis are rubbish, thats whats on it now. if you want good quality one get onto sacha (wepr) on here in the traders section, or zisco. also that car doesnt have any proper management. get a the mani sorted, get it mapped on an emanage or something and you will be good to go.

Rizzy

Member +
ebay manis are rubbish, thats whats on it now. if you want good quality one get onto sacha (wepr) on here in the traders section, or zisco. also that car doesnt have any proper management. get a the mani sorted, get it mapped on an emanage or something and you will be good to go.

thanks, for the advice, rep given, il get in touch with Sacha or Zisco and see what they can do for me :)

dark_knight

Member +
while working on getting your mani sorted, please do get a filter on your turbo kit asap! most turbos run on very tight tolerances so just a grain of dirt getting to your turbo will cause some damage. unless your turbo mesh is pretty fine, it may not get all particles being sucked in. and also depends on whether this is a daily driver and what kinda roads you frequent. your call. i'd get a filter on though. there are several high-flow ones available in the market. apexi. blitz. the list is endless.

Rizzy

Member +
while working on getting your mani sorted, please do get a filter on your turbo kit asap! most turbos run on very tight tolerances so just a grain of dirt getting to your turbo will cause some damage. unless your turbo mesh is pretty fine, it may not get all particles being sucked in. and also depends on whether this is a daily driver and what kinda roads you frequent. your call. i'd get a filter on though. there are several high-flow ones available in the market. apexi. blitz. the list is endless.

yeah thas wat iv been worrying about, the mesh is not fine at all!! and apparently guy has been driving like that for a while so god knows what damage has already been done. i think emergency mesh for today is the first option, there is hardly any room down there, hence not having a filter on, need to figure out what my options are :S

Rizzy

Member +
have to meet up and have a look. tell yamy view etc. mines fine. td04 and lost the kit etc. looks sweet i think.

well il prob be back this weekend, will b bringing my new GT down, still got the other one, just taking it off road for a while, so when i get down there il get in touch, sounds sweet mate cnt wait to see it.

Rizzy

Member +
mesh will be alright as long as it's fine mate, most people running bigger turbos use mesh as there is no room at all for a filter

are you 100% sure tho pal? im really getting mixed info about this topic! but one thing is for sure i dont think the mesh on it at the moment is anywhere near fine enough,

IMG-20110527-00045.jpg

so assuming it is fine to mesh the turbo, how fine should it be, and where is best place to get hold of suitable mesh...

AdamB

Member +
I did read somewhere that you can cut the power steering bracket so you can fit a filter on there. Either that or ditch the power steering and you'll have plenty of room :beer: