Halfcut questions: The most simple question ever

TheStarletGT

Member +
Whats the difference between a ep82 front cut and a ep91 front cut.

Is the engine in a glanza more powerfull, if so, BY what, bigger turbo or bigger injectors or better head flowing or cams. What makes the glanza engine or front cut so special.

Can i fit a 4efte engine out of a glanza ep91 into a ep82 chassis. Any differences in engine mounts or anything.

joel_ep91

Member +
the only diffrence i know of engine wise is that the glanza turbo had an extra blade.other than that think they are the same can take an ep91 engine and put it in an ep82

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
You cab swap them over, just a few sensor plugs need changed.

Glanza engine has thinner rods and 1 extra blade on the turbo.

TheStarletGT

Member +
Thinner rods? wtf, are you joking.

Its a 4efte, so shouldnt the rods be the same as a ep82 4efte.

Now that thinner rod thing is a surprise.

corofin12345

Member +
ive never stripped a gt engine but would love to see the difference between the rods if any..

edit; just seen a picture... seem thicker alright on a gt but im sure the casting process was different with the glanza rods cause i hardly think toyota would throw in weaker rods in a newer car with same power

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
why are you asking, you know everything anyway.

rods on a glanza are thinner, but there is no certain proof that there any weaker.

the ep82 and ep91 has the same power,

the ep91 has a slightly broader torque band, and some other differences i forget now

corofin12345

Member +
just seen an old thread on here where kon tested both rods and came to the conclusion that the glanza rods where made from an upgraded material... ive come to the conclusion that when the glanza was built and was in testing, toyota were disappointed with the result as it was heavier than the gt so they went back to the drawing board and gave the glanza an extra fin on the exhaust wheel for a tad more torque and thinner rods for a higher rev limit.. remember tho that these cars were production cars and like all car makers its onwards and upwards but as i said above i think toyota kinda fucked up while producing the glanza cause of its weight (maybe thats why they introduced the P sport glanza,hmmmmmm).. if your were to ask me which car would win a race around a track, a stock gt or a stock glanza, i would say a gt on the straights and a glanza on the corners.. the power of ABS..

and thats from a proud glanza v owner..!

danb87

South East England Area Rep
The Glanza had LSD,the GT did not,it was the deciding factor :p

Good to hear.

is that all glanzas that had the lsd? an only some gts? ive learnt somethink there lol.

an i love all the comments on the know it all lol brilliant guys.

corofin12345

Member +
yet the gt had the advantage on the straight.. ah but really, you could see the braking power was next to none..

@thestarletgt.. the man who says buying manifolds off ebay is a death sentence and you were going buying an engine off there :eek:

durmz

Member +
no the lsd was an optional extra on the glanza, not everyone came with one.

gt td04 your right most race cars dont have abs, but remember not every joe bloggs can drive without abs, so for the 'average man' abs would make you quicker in the twisties I reckon. also with the weight increase, cars get heavier every year, more air bags, more electro gizmos, more safety. my point is it was kinda bound to be heavier.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
is that all glanzas that had the lsd? an only some gts? ive learnt somethink there lol.

an i love all the comments on the know it all lol brilliant guys.

Nope,same as the GT,they were an option.Just that one in particular had it.

I still doubt that abs would win a race,but ill leave it a that as ive gone way off topic :)

corofin12345

Member +
no the lsd was an optional extra on the glanza, not everyone came with one.

gt td04 your right most race cars dont have abs, but remember not every joe bloggs can drive without abs, so for the 'average man' abs would make you quicker in the twisties I reckon. also with the weight increase, cars get heavier every year, more air bags, more electro gizmos, more safety. my point is it was kinda bound to be heavier.

and for that uve exceeded 1000rep good sir..;)