Hand Break Cable - Please look

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
So, im changing to braided brake lines, and i noticed that the driver side hand break is not releasing fully. (wheel still turning freely) tried to pull the cable etc bot didn't help. passenger side is fine.

tried to look under the car and noticed that everything is covered by the exhaust shield!

any help on how to see what's the problem exactly?

i was thinking that the cable could have came off and is in a bad position under the exhaust shield area?

thanks

Jay

Admin
Replaced one on the detonator Friday night, the air was blue cursing whatever fucknugget in Toyota that decided it was a good idea to rivet that heatshield on.

Had to chisel the three rivets out to release the rear shield then bent the front shield out of the road for access to the handbrake mechanism. The actual cable change is handy enough, you just need some pliers and a 10mm socket but if you are doing it on the floor expect to swear more than once lol..

Afterwards I just bent the front part of the shield up out of the way so as it doesn't rattle off anything. The rear shield is lying in the corner of the garage where I flung it.

Texx

Super Moderator
LOL @
fucknugget

I keep a small list of names for the people that come up with these retarded ideas. I recommend you try working on a few Fiat's, they definitely expand your vocabulary.