harness bar: where should i mount the support bars?

dac69er

Super Moderator
what does everyone think?

i need to either shorten them or extend them to fit, but where do you reckon would be the best place to attach them? yellow or red?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Right, I have gone with yellow. Just waiting on the longer bolts before I finish fitting it.

Rev

Member +
Not sure of your objective here but I suppose the two options would behave differently in an accident situation as the seat movements can be significant.
Interested in what you find, a harness should be a good step up in saftey compared to the significant body impact you get with a normal belt that only keeps one side of your body out of harms way.

dac69er

Super Moderator
my objective was to increase the safety of the harnesses as i have had them bolt to the base of where the rear seats would go. in an accident there would be a lot of downward force on the seat back and i have heard of instances where the seat back breaks and can break your back!

the harness bar alters the angle of the harness and distributes the force through existing seatbelt points. most seem to fit similar to that of the red option shown above. however, i didnt like that angle and felt that the yellow option would suit the way the force is to be applied to the bar.

plus the bar adds extra bling, which is always a good thing ;)

Rev

Member +
Thanks for clarifying I see you get adjustment which may have an effect seat load and body load and yellow looks neater.
I was considering another aspect thinking the blue bar design may be meant to deflect at maximum load ( higher speed collision ? ) to reduce the deceleration rate acting on the drivers body a bit like a crumple zone where as the the red bar would be more rigid and increase deceleration.

I suppose it also depends on what speed you plan to crash at and front vs back impact are very different situations. Hitting the steering wheel with your head is an impact that thankfully can be avoided by using a harness this is a very cool upgrade to have.

Last edited: