Harness bar

tersplat

Member +
I need a harness bar for my gt, and I haven't ever seen one. I'm not looking for a roll cage, just a harness bar. If oyu have any pics of one on your gt or glanza, or any tips on what other car's harness bar would be the right length, or the right mounting brackets, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not against doing some custom work, just need some ideas.

Thanks, Eric

dac69er

Super Moderator
no one makes one as far as i am aware. i think i have seen one member make a custom one, but think it was incorporated into a roll cage. i am planning on making one for my car at some point

tersplat

Member +
yeah, that's what I've found in my searches. I dont think I'll have any problem making one, it's just a little easier when I have something to look at and get ideas from. Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
i found some pics of one for an evo a little while back . im going to use that to base mine on!

tersplat

Member +
Where on the car are you going to use for mounting points? I was thinking where the top of the belts are bolted to with the stock seatbelts. maybe somewhere lower than that though.

dac69er

Super Moderator
my plan was to mount a bar across where the top of the front seatbelts mount (as you said) but also brace off the rear seatbelt points to add some extra rigidity

dac69er

Super Moderator
hmmm, that makes it a bit harder. even with a bar its going to make the rear seats awkward to use. what age is your starlet? if its an early one you could bring some brace bars down to the lower seatbelt fixing points on the exhaust tunnel between the front seats

tersplat

Member +
It's a 93 gt. That was another idea. If the seats are awkward to use, that's ok and expected but they have to stay useable.