Help, and injectors passing fuel

So i got the car mapped on friday, forged engine was fitted a month ago and ran in on standard ecu and injectors.

My 460cc injectors that i had used before were swapped in and then the car was mapped. Since then I've had problems with the car cutting out at junctions and today after filling the car up and driving 50miles to my gf, when I got there I heard a random gushing sound, opened the bonnet and the third injector was passing fuel.

Got a guy out this afternoon who replaced an o ring and that seemed to stop it so left the car and then went to drive it, hear the same noise and open the bonnet and the same thing is happening to the 4th injector.

So is it the injectors, the seals or is the fuel pressure way too high or what else could it be?

Thanks for any help

Rich

Na, i dont have any and wouldn't be confident in doing it myself, you reckon it could just be that? If i get new rings for them all?

yaristurbo

Member +
The seals go hard and they should really be replaced with new. This could be the problem.

I usually fit the injectors to the rail that but the rail in the head, make sure he base seals are I then tighten.

The base seals feel like plastic once they go hard and don't seal

I had this problem

Jay

Admin
Disturbing the 17 year old seals will probably be the reason for them starting to leak mate. They should be able to withstand increased fuel pressure (within reason of course) so I'd order up a set of fresh ones if I were you. They are scandalous from Toyota though, had to do it myself and a few quid X 12 soon adds up lol.

Ring me if you need a hand.

Jay

Jay

Admin
Just thinking, if you used a Toyota engine gasket kit when building the engine it should have come with all 12 seals you need.