HELP! Heater Fan Not Working!

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
Hey

With it raining a lot and the car steaming up quite easy I've noticed that the fans aren't working on my heater.

It still changes from hot to cold and back again I just can't change the speed at which the heat comes out etc.

Could it just simply be a fuse? If so where and which one?

If not any other ideas?

Cheers

Jay

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
Well done for finding something. Maybe I wasn't searching for what you know the problem to be??

Because "heater fan blower" as vague as it was only returned threads about replacing the heater matrix.

Easy to find something when you know what you're looking for.

If you don't wanna help next time don't post because that link would have been a perfectly helpful first post.

iamlegend

Member +
this happend to me it was the heater motor under the passengers footwell near the ECU!
took 10 mins to change and then the fans were going on full power :)

you can hear the heat changing from hot to cold so what i did is bought a new control unit thinking it was the blower switch that had it but no so yea buy a new motor unit only paid like £15 for mine...

this is what you need
273017_10150251241354291_515659290_7144109_4227896_o.jpg

weeJohn

Lifer
Well done for finding something. Maybe I wasn't searching for what you know the problem to be??

Because "heater fan blower" as vague as it was only returned threads about replacing the heater matrix.

Easy to find something when you know what you're looking for.

If you don't wanna help next time don't post because that link would have been a perfectly helpful first post.

Have a look at how many times I have posted in those threads mate before you say I am not helpful please and if you think I deserve the negative rep go ahead and click the button. Maybe I get fed up trying to provide an answer to this question, but if you think there is something someone can say "its that" to, let ME know what it is please.

I am sorry my first post was not helpful to you, I will try and not put myself in that position with you again.

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
No all am saying is I did search.

The words I searched didn't provide me with an answer to my question.

You've read/posted an answer to this before so a quick copy and paste of a link would have helped massively.

Whereas "try searching" really didn't.

I'm new to this forum but not new to forums. So I know to search before posting.

BigMoylan

Fresh Recruit
this happend to me it was the heater motor under the passengers footwell near the ECU!

you can hear the heat changing from hot to cold so what i did is bought a new control unit thinking it was the blower switch that had it but no so yea buy a new motor unit only paid like £15 for mine...

this is what you need

Was it brand new?

I just took it out and plugged it back In and it worked :/ don't know how many times I'll have to do that before it stops again though.

Cheers :)

iamlegend

Member +
got it of a glanza breaking! ahh well glad its working now but i would 100% source another unit as itll 99% be on its way out the motor you have :)

bender

Member +
i have a similar problem, no controls work (hear the vents moving when i press the buttons) no air will come out of vents (hot or cold) and no lights on the AC / AIR CON button, is there a fuse that controls all this?

this is what you need
I replaced the brushes in mine after cleaning it all up. Now a year later I took it out and one side wore down so far it broke apart and now the motor is trashed.
Please help me locate a new blower motor. Mine has the automatic air conditioner controls. And I’m located in America so it’s very hard to find parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SKINY

Lifer
I replaced the brushes in mine after cleaning it all up. Now a year later I took it out and one side wore down so far it broke apart and now the motor is trashed.
Please help me locate a new blower motor. Mine has the automatic air conditioner controls. And I’m located in America so it’s very hard to find parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Give Jay a shout
I may have 1 but would need to hoke about, shouldn't be hard finding 1 about here(UK) :)

H_D

Member +
mines only sees to blow lukewarm air, its nowhere near as hot as it was last winter. i have checked all the connections and bled the system again, fan speed is ok but just not getting very hot
e

mines only sees to blow lukewarm air, its nowhere near as hot as it was last winter. i have checked all the connections and bled the system again, fan speed is ok but just not getting very hot
e
I know you can test your thermostat inside a pan of water with a candy thermometer. But it's easy to just replace it if you can find the right one. I personally squeeze all the coolant hoses with the radiator cap off until I am satisfied there are no more bubbles. hmmm

Right now I am looking at and comparing all the blower motors offered by 4 seasons to see which ones we can use as a replacement for the discontinued blower motors on our Starlets.