! HELP ! I Need Insurance

xIJONNYIx

Fresh Recruit
Have My Eye On A Glanza V (4efte) For A Very Long Time Now And Just Found Out I Cant Get Insured ANYWHERE :( I'm 18 On An Irish Provisional And A Named Driver On The Mothers Insurance , 1 Year With Licence And 1 Year No Claims , Evan Glanza's That Are A 1.3 On The Book Are Coming Back As Turbo Imports On All The Insurers Data Bases :mad: I Need A Way Around This If Anyone Knows How , I Would Prob Cry With Happieness My Heart Is Set On Glanza's And I Cant Wait Untill Im 21 , The Wait Would Kill Me

:noidea:

Thank's Folk's

Best bet to wait mate until you can afford it and insure it properly as an import, you might as well not bother with insurance otherwise. My advice be get a ep91 n/a stick it out for couple years then get a glanza

mark1991

Member +
get ep82, my mates are 20 with a 2-3 years no claims and both were told they had to be 21 and if they did get a prices it was stupid money. i turnd 21 and have 2 years no claims i told them i now have 6 points and i saved £60!

with 1 years no claims i was £900 ish when i was 20, i got 6 points turned 21 and got another 1 no claims. this year i was £842

Roy88

Fresh Recruit
when i had my first gt at 19 i paid 650 . . my most recent one is costing me 700 and im now 23. all companies are wise to what these things are now . . . there really is no way around it

AdamB

Member +
No scum bags who try and insure these as n/a's and any other thing they arent to try and get cheap car insurance, then crash them and put everyone elses insurance up

Well said mate,
if you can't afford to insure the car for what it really is, don't bother buying one. They are very nippy for an 18 year old to drive tbh, and most have been modified slightly so will be even quicker than a stock one.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Insure a car in your own name like a corsa,something cheap with quinn.

Then swap your policy over.

99% it works.

And I'd try for your full license aswell otherwise they premium will be sky high.

Moving this to the correct section aswell

Texx

Super Moderator
Get a full license and learn to drive first, then you can think about buying a car that's more capable of pulling the skin off a rice pudding.

If you so set on getting a Glanza, get yourself a 1.3 EP91, bolt some Glanza body parts to it and then get some real world experience first. If you try and run before you can walk your likely to find yourself upside down in a field and worse case scenario with someone dead or seriously injured.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
on a side note, do you use some kind of script or tool To Put The First Letter Of Every Word In Caps?

Thats Bound To Be Annoying And Time Consuming To Type Surely?

Paul_JJ

Member +
get ep82, my mates are 20 with a 2-3 years no claims and both were told they had to be 21 and if they did get a prices it was stupid money. i turnd 21 and have 2 years no claims i told them i now have 6 points and i saved £60!

with 1 years no claims i was £900 ish when i was 20, i got 6 points turned 21 and got another 1 no claims. this year i was £842

Whats your insurance company?

turboJohn

Fresh Recruit
Whats your insurance company?

Yeh I would say its worth shopping around for other insurance companies to try and see if other companies are a better option for you. I was using moneysaving expert.com to compare various ploicy for insurancers but its always hard not to see which ones are being paid to get searched on there. If not try discount sites for cheaper policies.

Last edited:

malcolmgt

Member +
i genuinely thought this was a joke thread...

admitting to trying to false insure the car... nice one.

when you kill someone due to no experience in cars and falsely insure your car .. enjoy the insurers chasing you for millions..

KrisGt-turbo

Member +
Insure a car in your own name like a corsa,something cheap with quinn.

Then swap your policy over.

Does that actually work lol?????

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
how are ppl gettin insurance for less than a grand on gt's when first got my gt it was 2k+ and i was 24 just passed one year later it still 2 grand with 1 year ncb and was 25 when renewed policy now im 26 and insurance is due july looking at 1700 with touch wood 2 years ncb

WallaceGlanza

Member +
how are ppl gettin insurance for less than a grand on gt's when first got my gt it was 2k+ and i was 24 just passed one year later it still 2 grand with 1 year ncb and was 25 when renewed policy now im 26 and insurance is due july looking at 1700 with touch wood 2 years ncb

Do they give you a tub of vaseline free every time you take out your policy?