Help On TD04 Glanza Conversion HELP HELP HELP

Hello, i need a bit help on getting my glanza alot faster than what it is, ive read loads of posts and forums but none of them are accuarate. ive seen that alot of people go for the TD04 turbos of the subaru and thats now what i want to do. I bought the car a month ago pretty much close to standard, its got a bailys bov and a apexi air filter, and bue samco pipes everywhere. now i know these are quick cars as standard but i want it to be even quicker thats why i want a tdo4. ive just installed a fround mount yesturday (jperformance) and found that its actually made it slower as the pipes are alot larger and intercooler is 4 times bigger than standard one, theres no enough puff kicking out the turbo for suck a big upgrade. so what ive done is gone and bought a boost controller today and turned up the boost from standard 9psi and put it at 12psi, it has made a huge differance, but this is still small amount of power, i want to get around the 260bhp mark.
here is a list of things im going to buy for it:
TD04 turbo
Walbro Fuel Pump
fuel pressure Reg
Manifold + Decat
Hks Adjustable actuator
Oil cooler

i think this is about it, ive already got a fcd as fuel cut is around 0.8 bar. if there is anything else i ned please can you help or give me some advise.

and the last think is, with my front mount the pipe that conects to the turbo will it be the same fitting as the td04, its ust that i know you need to rotate the turbo but was wondering if i need a different front mount, hopefully i dont as it cost quite a bit of dosh.
thanks....

Guye

Lifer
and the last think is, with my front mount the pipe that conects to the turbo will it be the same fitting as the td04, its ust that i know you need to rotate the turbo but was wondering if i need a different front mount, hopefully i dont as it cost quite a bit of dosh.
thanks....

Most run the TD04 outlet pointing downwards. I rotated mine up and used two 90 degree bends so as to keep my previous FMIC hotpipe in place.

Also note the point #9 on the guide;
"9. Air con removal, You would need to remove the aircon if going td04 as where the air filter fits requires the AC radiator out of the way. To completely remove the aircon you will require a shorter Auxillary belt, These can be got from TM-develpments, or from a uk spec n/a starlet."

This is optional. Many local guys (myself included) have installed TD04 setups and retained the A/C. Removing the A/C is not an absolute must.

Last edited:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
I don't mean to come across arrogant but if your not wanting to spend to much 'dosh' you will never see 260bhp. You will at least need a good management, mapped and for a piece of mind forged. You will also need to upgrade the clutch, injectors and would be wise upgrading brakes too.

200-210bhp is a more realistic figure for the sort of set up your talking

Also man i dont see much point in running an oil cooler unless your ragging it everywhere because if ur oils toocool it will damage the engine

And above comment from me nee good management injectors and a proper tune not to mention properly serviced and checked brakes too mate keep us up to date on the build

Thanks for the advise chris. Yeah I don't mind spending money. Probably won't go spending much over £1000. I just want a one of a kind. Go a bit mad on it. Quick question. Most of it is standard at moment. The mani is and exhaust and I've just turned the turbo up to about 12psi from 9. I think it's hitting fuel cut because it startes to jug when it gets to that high boost. I have a hks fcd now I k ow people hate them as they make it run rich. But if I put it on it can't be that bad can it. What can the damage be. If it does any.

AdamB

Member +
Running a FCD without a FPR will run the car lean. And if I remember rightly the HKS version is constantly altering the map sensor voltage , therefore changing the ecu signal throughout the entire rev range. Where as the JAM ones only change the signal past fuel cut.
Running just the FCD will cause the car to run very lean and will likely destroy the bottom end. Turn the boost down until you have all the mods necessary to run over the stock ecu's capabilities because it could cost you an engine.

Makes sense thanks mate. Also my intercooler I've just put on points up with the standard ct9 turbo. When I buy the td04 how do I get it to fit the same fmi. My hot pipe goes up and then straight down. Above the over comment says he put 2 90 deg on it. But do you how to do it but please be more pasific. Thanks again mate.

AdamB

Member +
Generally you have to get a pipe cusstom made. Which intercooler is it? You could buy a universal td04 hot pipe from a trader on here, they don't take much fiddling to get fitted tbh!