help quick lsd question

matty gt

Member +
lads need answers fast please i am going to buy an oem lsd gearbox conversion tomorrow my car is ep82 and the lsd box is coming from a glanza its just been pointed out to me that the ratios are different in the glanza lsd box as oposed to a gt lsd box so would this mean that the glanza box would be sitting higher in the rev range on the motor way ill rep you for your help guys asi am :confused:

matty gt

Member +
Kind of yea but the longer gears are preferred
think ill get cause so looking forward to it now sure if needs be I could just transplant all the gears from my gear box as its mint ? Should work as the only between the oem lsd and non lsd is the diff and final drive am I right ?

rosso321

Member +
Wellan yea 3rd and 4th browner has a gt lsd in his as longer gear ratios tbh man rather that even I wouldn't use it rather to be all gt if you get me.

matty gt

Member +
Ever one is different mate. I'm very paticalur thought he said was a gt box tho?
Thanks ross now you have fucked me up in the head and threw a spanner in the works and if I buy it now you will say a but its not from a gt man think ill leave it now :-(

Why do you care what he says?

For all you know someone swapped boxes before you bought the car, if the LSD still works then go for it

matty gt

Member +
Guy tells me its perfect no oil leaks oem lsd glanza gearbox , shorter drive shaft, lsd engine mount , and sandwich plate , €325

Jay

Admin
I personally wouldn't give a damn if it were from a GT or a V. Buy it and enjoy the extra grip.

matty gt

Member +
Thanks for all the replys guy's I found an oem ep82 lsd box yesterday only 40 minutes away from where I live got lsd box & shorter drive & sandwich plate for € 180 another :-D result now just need to see can I find a cheap lsd rear mount