help with idle

somal

Member +
i cant seem to regulate my idle, it wont drop even if i lock the idle screw all the way down it keep idling above 1000rpm...what can this be ?

somal

Member +
i have tried to adjust the screw makes no difference, now for the vaccum leak i am not sure cuz i have checked and cant seem to find any, where should i be looking ?

sx_turbo

Lifer
no i still have my ac functioning cuz its a very hot country here.

theres a lot of vacume pipes to check then, make sure all the plastic pipes arent cracked.

also make sure the intercooler pipes are done up

what have you recently done to the car?

has it just randomly happened?

Last edited:

somal

Member +
this issue started when i changed the throttle body and intake manifold quite a few months now, but i havent had the time to get it fixed.

Mikey4410

Member +
If its a vacuum leak then just look at the boost gauge.to give u an idea a normal idle vacuum on my gauge is -19/21 psi.if its below 18 it wil mean u have a leak in a main pipe. I replaced all my old shot and cracked rubber pipes with silicone vacuum line. . . .

Gtstu

Member +
Ihave the excact problem with one of my Gt's it sits at 1400 iv replaced all vac pipes inlet mani 2 throttle bodies compression test is fine it's a mystery

weeJohn

Lifer
Its a vacuum leak after the throttle plate that is causing it. Check all the hoses by squashing them with a pair of pliers close to the inlet, if the hose is leaking the revs will drop to normal, but the map sensor hose may cause it to stall.

You would be best to check all your mating surfaces as well. If you hold a lit cigarette up to a leak it burns faster as the air is sucking through the cigarette.

Worth a go, found a few leaks like that, but make sure there are no petrol leaks before you start lol.

somal

Member +
Its a vacuum leak after the throttle plate that is causing it. Check all the hoses by squashing them with a pair of pliers close to the inlet, if the hose is leaking the revs will drop to normal, but the map sensor hose may cause it to stall.

You would be best to check all your mating surfaces as well. If you hold a lit cigarette up to a leak it burns faster as the air is sucking through the cigarette.

Worth a go, found a few leaks like that, but make sure there are no petrol leaks before you start lol.

lol...yea and then i could say i have had a motor..kaboom