High spec TD series turbos

AdamB

Member +
Seems a bit hit and miss really.
After doing a bit of a search the guys over on the Evo/Scooby forums tend to not have much dealings with them and prefer to go with something they know like FP, which tbh I would agree with.
One guy seems to have used one for around 1500 miles but only at low boost (11 psi) with no problems to report. However how it would fair up at 2 bar of boost is another question.

The good thing is, from what I can gather is that the compressor map released is actually of the turbo, which is a good sign as many turbo vendors don't tend to release such information as it becomes easier to copy etc.

Personally I would look into the FP stuff as it's very highly rated and I have one of their custom turbo's myself and the quality is second to none. Owen Developments have some FP gear on offer atm that will bolt directly to Subaru fitment flange. Just checked and they have an FP green for £1120, or ball bearing upgrade for £1150. It's expensive for sure but I suppose its the risk you take when buying cheaper products.

mark1991

Member +
Cheers for the info Adam, I have ask Keith at zisco if they can help me out also. We shall have to
Wait and see! But I will keep you guys updated

AdamB

Member +
I have seen a race-tech billet td05 floating about, might be worth contacting Ricky to get more info on it? Seem's to be the way to go if you want to keep the same flange.
Or maybe try something like a VF22.

Smokey

Fresh Recruit
Vf22 would be smaller and less capable surely! On a Subaru that would be the case anyway!

I know of a crowd in America called turbo lab that created a td05 16g with a billet wheel off a 20g all machined and polished in and out!
They're decent lads and ya can tell em yer spec and what you want to achieve and they'll tell you what's what!

AdamB

Member +
The VF22 is the largest turbo in the VF series range and is able to make 400whp on a Subaru which is more than what a td05 makes.

It seems as if the one posted by Mark is essentially a 20g compressor wheel. I'm not sure if Andy Forrest maybe able to help on the matter either, might be worth a phone call.