HKS or Apexi intake?

ste-glanza

Member +
i think the hks look so much cooler, performance wise i couldnt tell you the differences between them but if its for a daily i doubt the performance diference would even bother you

ste-glanza

Member +
when you have to change the apexis after time do you have to buy a whole new filter?? thats one thing good about the hks ones too, ive seen the replacement foam filters for as litttle as 14euro and you can get them in different colours if you get bored!

Yes think you have to change the whole filter with apexi but would last some time its a good quality filter yes can change the foam/element on the hks ones which is good

ianmcintoshi

Member +
In not too bothered about price and there both good filters. Have a blitz one now but its a bit too big for where ive relocated it to.

Paul_JJ

Member +
I would stick with the K&N - a lot cheaper then all other filters. Good filtration and 1 MLN miles warranty!

ramses974

Member +
Apexi has the better filtration than HKs..and HKs is not for a washeable foam...when it is dirty you have to buy a foam replacement..for drag/track go to HKs but for daily driving ,Apexi is the way to go

GlanzaMarvin

Member +
Like Markostarletturbo says, TM Developments now have the Power Enterprise kit with 30% discount, so that's great quality for great money

id go for the apexi one , i think they look better than the hks one. i had the hks one in few of my cars , it is fairly cool too but heard its not a great

ramses974

Member +
Trust/HKS with the same foam gives the best results,but these filters are not good in the equation of filtration.They eat more dust ,than the others..It is like driving with a metal grille on the turbo

Rory

Lifer
Go with the Apexi if the car is run alot on the road. These can also be cleaned aswell like KnN etc.
The HKS ones dont filter very well at all!!

Whay not look at the KnN range or Green etc etc? Work just aswell and dont carry the JDM Y0 tax on them.

Nick260890

Member +
i had the exact same decision to make, i chose the apexi filter in the end cus i found out over time the HKS foam filter deteriorates and falls appart and gets sucked into the turbo, this put me off personally so i bought the apexi one,

but is up to you mate :)