How do you fit a duck spoiler on a Glanza?

Arnold

Lifer
My Glanza is at a bodyshop having a duck spoiler fitted, and they're (worryingly) a bit unsure how to actually fit it on.

Has anyone produced some sort of template or guide or has any information on how to do this? Ideally i'd like it to be bolted on OEM style and bonded on, or do you guys just bond them on? They've said if they do that, then it won't be coming off ever.

Cheers
Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:

Arnold

Lifer
I think the issue is more about lining it up and knowing where to drill the holes. They don't want to get it in the wrong place

mudi

Member +
I just used SIKAFLEX on the whole ducktail spoiler and then just lined it up(make sure both sides are equally lined).

And kept on holding the spoiler till it dried and done.

Cheers
Mohammed

malcolmgt

Member +
i just used sealant on it, some generic stuff from b and q.

have to line it up before, i marked it out gently in the dust i had on the car haha.

once on i wont be taking it off, if i do ill replace with a breakers rear end as they are cheap enough.

Arnold

Lifer
i started a few threads on here and UKSO about the same issue with allignement.

I couldn't find anything mate, I did use the search but nothing came up. If bonding it on is a good enough answer then i'll ask them not to drill any holes.

malcolmgt

Member +
I couldn't find anything mate, I did use the search but nothing came up. If bonding it on is a good enough answer then i'll ask them not to drill any holes.

yeah mine is bonded and is tough!
look at threads started by me on here and Ukstartletowners.com