How much HP can driveshafts and cv's handle

Texx

Super Moderator
I don't think they'll be strong enough for what you need, you'll probably have to modify a couple of Landcruiser propshafts to transfer all the power and torque from that old Celica engine to the front wheels.

dark_knight

Member +
power threshold

i'm guessing anything up to 250..???? :)
my 0.02 is that power applied rather gently (controlled launches etc) is less likely to snap a joint or shaft compared to dumping your clutch.. :/

weeJohn

Lifer
looks like i will have to fit GT4 hubs complete with rotors to suite my 3sgte engine. Because later i will build the engine to over 450Hp, so yeah, i may aswell do it once and right.

Plenty of cars running over 450 bhp on stock shafts, I am sure you will mange to break them but, maybe without even turning the engine on lol.

yaristurbo

Member +
Customs shafts, I told this goon the same nearly six month back, about 300 quid I I remember, but I wanna see him change the hubs lol
This guy is quite annoying yet entertaining too.

TheStarletGT

Member +
I wanna see him change the hubs lol
Remember how you all doubted me on the 3sgte conversion, well look what i have achieved already, something you will never accomplish yourself, so no matter what crap you or anyone else says, i am far superior than what you will ever be.

Changing the hubs will be a piece of cake in my standards. I bet you cant even change spart plugs.

PS: Stick wit your pissy 1.3 crapo engines, hahahah. Im in the 3sgte club now. You need a role model.

yaristurbo

Member +
Pal I work for jaguar fully qualified technician moving on to master tech, glad u can name some engine parts, ur really getting on my tits now.
Well done you have bodged a engine in a car, I have seen it done properly and can prove the mounts work.
Role model hmmm.... Most of my mates have 700hp mr2s,
The word mature springs to mind, and I am guessing that random spamming up uksc proves that then with yourself.
It's about time you accept the fact that people don't lke the way you come across.
Have you ever thought of the wheel span of the two cars, stud patten relevant mot laws. Take a look at the difference in length of drive shafts steering racks, tracking the vehicle and camber changes you will make by adding different hubs,

You need to think hard about this pal, your changing the structure if the vehicle dramatically and will it hold all the extra stress.

But hey can't even change a spark plug.