How much k24 worth in need of tlc?

Tobz91

Member +
Got a nice spec SARD K24 kit fairly hard to come by...

heres the spec.

SARD K24 STAINLESS MANIFOLD

SARD K24 2460G TURBO

SARD TYPE C2 ADJUSTABLE WASTEGATE (NEW DIAPHRAM AND GASKET)

SARD DOWNPIPE (HEATWRAPPED)

SARD BRAIDED OIL FEED

The manifold cracked and a particle went into the turbo and it's now seized. Not sure the full extent of the damage until later but the compressor side is perfecto.

After a TD04 kit or something as readily available when something does go wrong.

seab

Member +
By the time you sell the K24 for peanuts and buy a TD04, you could have the K24 rebuilt for arounf £280-300.

Tobz91

Member +
By the time you sell the K24 for peanuts and buy a TD04, you could have the K24 rebuilt for arounf £280-300.

Hmm, it doesn't sound so bad now. I would like to rebuild it because they are pretty unique.

Hmm. How long does it usually take for rebuilding and can anyone recommened anywhere ideally in kent. Cheers.

seab

Member +
I asked the same thing, and by the time you fiddle with it you could just get a K26 instead lol :D

Tobz91

Member +
hmmmphhh. I hate the idea of not upgrading when somethings off seems so pointless. Sorted a little bit of funding out if needed. Now I shall go split this turbo and report back.

Thanks for all your kind help. Cheers

Matt Glanza

Member +
id keep the kit mate and get the tubby hybridid.not many of us sard users abou.just get that mani braced on the waste gate pipe and from block face to turbo face and ull be laughing

Tobz91

Member +
Managed to dislodge the fragment of manifold. The turbines on outer side are ok, I cannout get hte exhaust snail shell off, and gave up after spinning it.

It spins free'ly with little if any play. However it will meet a point where it's a little harder to spin.

Rebuild time, I think for now I will keep the k24 unless something comes up.