how to change/clean pollen filter

madman

Member +
well we now know we have them so heres how to change or clean them I went with cleaning them as there over £30 each and theres 2 of em!! this is in my EP91 I am not too sure on the 82 but I think they will be the same but I am sure some one will clear that up!

first locate the filters the are at the bottom of the heater box under the passenger side, very easy to get to compared to most cars! Remove the 3 pegs that hold the cover on, they just pull out.

48e27ac5.jpg

dd8ff224.jpg

then drop the cover off the bottom it just pulls off it may be a bit stuck mine was as its not been off in the cars life time! then the first filter drops straight down.

e7025b7a.jpg

then put your hand up inside the box and get hold of the other filter its towards the front of the car. Get hold of the filter and lift it up a bit and pull it towards you then drop it down same as the other.

e7025b7a.jpg

both the filters are the same they have slots on ether side that lock together once there in the box

6206d34b.jpg

e6df6f60.jpg

once there out you can ether clean them out with a blow gun as I did and put them back or replace them. I would not clean them with water as they seam to be made of some type of paper. mine work fine now just with all the crud cleaned out so they will do for me!!

thanks to Rob H
To put them back just do the same again in revers they are very easy to do!! I hope this helps every one!

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i never knew starlets had these. this is maybe why ive always thought starlets have a specific smell as no one changes the pollen filters lol. does the ep82 have them?