I want to keep my rear intact

jamGTT

Member +
right i have searched but couldnt find so sorry if this has been done before butttt i want harneses but ia want to keep my rear seats (I know cake and eat it comes to mind!) does any one sell a harness bar that bolts to the original fixing points (from just behind the drivers door on the inside sill to te same place on the passangers side) cheers:drive:

durmz

Member +
Don't think a harness bar has been made for a starlet before, also in order for it to be anywhere near safe use really need harnesses in the back aswell, otherwise ure rear passengers are dead in a crash for sure

jamGTT

Member +
sorry if im being thick but i wanted to keep the three point seat belts in the back and have the harness bar by the rear passangers feet!

jamGTT

Member +
could this idea not be used as a harness bar if the right materials we used ie high grade steel bar?

Shib786

Member +
I was told that your harnesses must go back at an angle if they dont and you have an accident, you could have some serious back injuries? or was that person chatting bubbles? :p

jamGTT

Member +
well normal seat belts arnt at an angle n they work ok! the harness is jus to hold you to the seat i thought!! i may be wrong (as usual lol)

Streetech

Member +
well normal seat belts arnt at an angle n they work ok! the harness is jus to hold you to the seat i thought!! i may be wrong (as usual lol)

Harnesses work differently to normal seatbelts.

This is the correct mounting for them.

fa.jpg

danb87

South East England Area Rep
Harnesses work differently to normal seatbelts.

This is the correct mounting for them.

fa.jpg

thats correct, thats how mine are mounted.it is possible too keep rear seats tho, as before i stripped mine i just left interior in. just drill the holes for the eye bolts in rear. next too seat belt holes

Wills21

Member +
thats correct, thats how mine are mounted.it is possible too keep rear seats tho, as before i stripped mine i just left interior in. just drill the holes for the eye bolts in rear. next too seat belt holes

Just drilling holes in the floor, would that withstand an impact though?
Would it not need to be a reinforced point that they are bolted to?

jamGTT

Member +

doesn't that mean that the passengers in the rear are sat on your harness'?

danb87

doesn't that mean that the passengers in the rear are sat on your harness'?

you drilly the holes then you have a plate unerneath that bolts through the floor, its no diffrent from havein the normal seatbelt but with a steel plate underneath. my mate had 2 harnesses in his motor as still maaged 2 people in the back safely.

if it wasnt safe it wouldn pass an mot. which it did.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
have mine fixed to the rear no drilling required just awkard for any one in the back they have to sit with the harness between there legs :):)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Ive yet to see a harness set that isnt a direct fit into the rear seat belt holes already in the floor ... theres no need for any drilling what so ever.

As you see here:

DSC00016.jpg

danb87

Ive yet to see a harness set that isnt a direct fit into the rear seat belt holes already in the floor ... theres no need for any drilling what so ever.

As you see here:

he wants interior left in, which i know is still pissible too connect a harneess as thats what i did, but i htink hes sayin he still wants too be able too carry passengers, which would requier drilling too fit the harnneses

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.

As you see here:

he wants interior left in, which i know is still pissible too connect a harneess as thats what i did, but i htink hes sayin he still wants too be able too carry passengers, which would requier drilling too fit the harnneses

nope just fit like above and drop the rear bench on top then who ever sits in the back put the harness between their legs i know its awkard as fuck but i never have people in the back lol

danb87

nope just fit like above and drop the rear bench on top then who ever sits in the back put the harness between their legs i know its awkard as fuck but i never have people in the back lol

see i wouldn do that, whole point in having people in car is too make sure they enjoy the travel lol. drill down too the side of each then steel plate an bolts through harneeses then sit too each side alowing people sit sit comfy

:)