Ignition map 4e fte

MDCat

Hello everyone. Anybody can share map ignition 4e turbo? Boost to about 2 - 2.4 bar? Very interesting place where there is no boost.

Rev

Member +
An ignition Map would be good to have closest I saw was a Fuel Map that has been shared for 1.7 bar by Dimitrj from Siberia this was for a 4e at 10.8 afr with 9.3 CR stock pistons & rods and 98 ron said he removed a lot of timing.

Dimitj's boost map has fueling to 1.7 bar, if this fuel map could be extended to 2 bar that would be 10.2 AFR .

For timing Dimitrj was using a safc2 monitoring a knock sensor I dont know if this would get you to 2.4bar and as Chris says no timing at all is on the cards.

Last edited:

Skalabala

Member +
No ones timing will look the same but at that boost you will end up between 10-30 deg depends on fuel and CR.

Rev nice info on boost for stock internals :D

Rev

Member +
It is interesting stuff but MDcat and Dimitrij are in Russia so you may have to allow for slightly better fuel in hot conditions. The air intake temp correction for this expressed as an Octane number requirement is typically 1 ONR / 7degC for between 20C-90C
[ ONR = (ron+mon)/2 ] .

Last edited:
i'm with chris on this one....at high boost pressures you need good race fuel tuning as pump gas really defeats the purpose and puts your engine at risk

the fuel/ignition maps will be very specific to your set up....so any other map may well be useless, even if its similar set up

best to get some race fuel and knock sensor and get it tuned

even different ecus may have some impact on how the maps look i suppose??!!

Rev

Member +
i'm with chris on this one....at high boost pressures you need good race fuel tuning as pump gas really defeats the purpose and puts your engine at risk the fuel/ignition maps will be very specific to your set up..

If you look at the old pfc fcon with its timing maps it says 92 ron for 20psi using this 98 ron would be equivilant to about 1.58bar
( 22.9 psi ) but the HKS manual says this is with turbo temps of 900c before and 750c after the turbo which is hard to maintain.
An improvement in setup can made by removing Engine deposits , because typical buildup on a car to 250 000k can be a 6-9 ONR or equivilant to 3.26psi boost.

@gorgan what do you consider is high boost needing more than 98ron ?

Last edited:

MDCat

An ignition Map would be good to have closest I saw was a Fuel Map that has been shared for 1.7 bar by Dimitrj from Siberia this was for a 4e at 10.8 afr with 9.3 CR stock pistons & rods and 98 ron said he removed a lot of timing.

Dimitj's boost map has fueling to 1.7 bar, if this fuel map could be extended to 2 bar that would be 10.2 AFR .

For timing Dimitrj was using a safc2 monitoring a knock sensor I dont know if this would get you to 2.4bar and as Chris says no timing at all is on the cards.

I am familiar with Dmitry) We were neighbors)
This year we were able to raise up to 2.9 bar boost at 98 octane.
But the car, which was a Safk 2, boost controller and the injection of methanol. Engine alive) Engine 5e gtx3076 turbine, pistons g16b.

Rev

Member +
I am familiar with Dmitry) We were neighbors)
This year we were able to raise up to 2.9 bar boost at 98 octane.
But the car, which was a Safk 2, boost controller and the injection of methanol. Engine alive) Engine 5e gtx3076 turbine, pistons g16b.

Thats a fantastic result how much % methanol and where did you inject it and at approx. what intake temps and and revs were you making 2.9 bar?
Great info glad the engine is surviving as I read methanol can harm Aluminium without proper inhibitors.

MDCat

I apologize for the inaccuracy. Methanol - I mean a mixture of ethanol and water (50/50). As the temperature at the inlet is no information as set stock ECU.